Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 WP 7.8 - Audio Volume too Low !!!

Advisor
itoldya

Where do i stand on returning my phone, is this fault effectively damage and malfunctioning product?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

Take it to a Nokia Care Point for repair.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
itoldya

That's not helpful, nearest care point is over 50 miles away. I raised a fault using the phone option and never heard back from Nokia. No answers on this blog from Nokia. If that's anything to go by why would I drive 50 miles to a 'couldn't care less point'.

You didn't even answer the question.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AntonKislitsyn

I got an official reply on the Russian forum - http://goo.gl/e4HSU

The European Commission for the Protection of Consumer Rights called for limiting the power of sound in the devices in order to reduce health risks.

In connection with this standard, manufacturers of digital players and mobile phones are required to integrate the new sound settings in the players.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

itoldya wrote:
That's not helpful, nearest care point is over 50 miles away. I raised a fault using the phone option and never heard back from Nokia. No answers on this blog from Nokia. If that's anything to go by why would I drive 50 miles to a 'couldn't care less point'.

You didn't even answer the question.

I cannot answer the question since I am a user like you, not an employee of Nokia or Nokia Support. Nokia does not provide answers on this forum (not blog), since it is a user-to-user forum, so basing your decision on getting a response from Nokia here is wrong.

If you haven't heard back from Nokia call them again. It's not my fault how near or far you live from a Nokia Care Point. I gave you a suggestion, if you don't like it don't follow it but it does not mean it is a poor suggestion.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adityadaliya

The audio is low even on lumia 710
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

AntonKislitsyn

the first sound EU restrictions are optional. Then just from 85 db.
After only happens because the nokia?

and finally, these restrictions do not apply to the ringtone and when you do a restart on the phone the volume decreases to less than half.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jdanvers

Hi Guys just a quick update....

I tweeted to Nokia Help yesterday about this issue and I got a reply. They told me that they don't have news for me right now but rest assured they are working on it. So at least they know and hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MukhlisSaputro

My Phone too!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

Well worth it STILL working on the bug and have not already solved.
Also regrettable is the only official support forum nokia does not make any reference to the subject.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arsa92

Will someone from nokia finally respond and either CLOSE this thread , or tell us will it be FIXED ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

news?

Please use plain text.
nomore

[ Edited ]

news?

i had a nokia lumia 920 in my hand.

this handy doesn´t have sound limitations.

*bleep*  nokia!

Moderator's Note: We have edited your post due to inappropriate word used. Please ensure polite and respectful correspondence to avoid causing arguments and/or offending other users. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

the lumia 920 has no limitation sound?
then the excuse of EU law to limit the sound is false.
This is proof proved that nokia is lying and is neglect on the resolution of the sound bug
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

nomore wrote:

news?

i had a nokia lumia 920 in my hand.

this handy doesn´t have sound limitations.

*bleep*  nokia!

Moderator's Note: We have edited your post due to inappropriate word used. Please ensure polite and respectful correspondence to avoid causing arguments and/or offending other users. 

Does this 920 have the Portico update installed ? If yes, set the volume to 30/30 and play music, then tell us about the warning message you will see on the screen.

If the 920 does not have Portico installed, please go spread misinformation somewhere else.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

pjfagulha wrote:
the lumia 920 has no limitation sound?
then the excuse of EU law to limit the sound is false.
This is proof proved that nokia is lying and is neglect on the resolution of the sound bug

The Lumia 920 after last update does show a warning when volume for music playback or ringtone is set to 30/30 and default volume setting after reboot is 20/30. You shouldn't believe every single rant you see on the forum.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

[ Edited ]

Be 13/30 is 20/30 do you think that right?
If a person forgets to increase the volume (and is very easy to forget), there is the volume too low.
On the street do not hear the ringtone and easily lose calls.

It would not have time for this **bleep** nokia fix the bug? is so difficult?
If less is hard to admit.

Now this silence or excuses that blame the wphone or the law of the EU is that I do not understand!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LaruPete

I am having the same issue, makes listening podcasts a chore outdoors. Hoping for a fix soon, this is a deal breaker for me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
met_turner

I have given up hoping for Nokia to fix the unexpected, undocumented and undesirable volume restriction "enhancement".

Sadly, the resale value on Ebay for my Lumia 800 has fallen following Nokia's unwelcome imposition of this special feature so it is not economic to replace it. For obvious reasons when my contract ends in the autumn Nokia, if they are still in business, will be at the bottom of my shopping list for a new handset.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pjfagulha

no shame

Please use plain text.