Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 ** Warranty Issue **

Registered Member
Pasupathy

Lumia 800 ** Warranty Issue **

hi,

have a Lumia 800 device, when ever call is active screen blanks out and unable to use any of the options like mute, loudspeaker, end call etc., etc. I believe this is to do with the issue with the one of the device sensor which blacks out the screen when call is in active and device is taken closer to ear..

as per nokia customer care i was shocked to believe my device is out of warranty has plastic flap which covers the charging point was broken and my device has been considered as out of warranty & under physical damage... does any body have a clue on the warranty terms? battery charging cover a small thin plastic peace is bound to break on wear & tear.. 

cheers pasupathy

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

A certain amount of discretion is given to individual care points when deciding if phones have been abused and damaged. If not satisfied, you should try another care point in your area for a second opinion and if still not satisfied, you can contact nokia directly using the "Nokia support" to the bottom right of this screen.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Have you contacted Nokia Care on this? The USB door being broken is not a reason to invalidate warranty and in fact should be replaced for you at no cost by a Nokia Care Centre.

From what you describe you either have a screen protector blocking the proximity sensor or the sensor is not working. If you use a screen protector or have the Lumia in a case check if the sensor is covered. The sensor is in the top-right corner on the front. You can use the diagnostic tool to check it's function. Dial ##634# and when the tool starts select the Proximity test. You should see a yellow circle which will turn green when you cover the sensor. If the circle comes up green straight away the sensor is either blocked or defective. Either remove the object covering the sensor or visit your supplier or a Nokia Care Point to have the device checked.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pasupathy

hi,

The issues seems to be with the proximity sensor... There is no screen protector as well. Have finally got a acceptable response from Care Point to check my Device. I hope would get some response from  Nokia Support team have to wait for 10 days.

However the point on Warranty still remains open, Batter USB Flap/cover is a made of think plastic part and unlike other manufacturers design charging point is covered with a good grade plastic or metal peace nokia lumia seems to be poor in this category. One has to charge the device to use & for every charge device charging cover has to go through wear & tear and in Nokia's design flap is extremely thin and bound to break so as my case.  In such case device warranty should have a seperate coverage for wear&tear parts (in paralance of automobile industry) & device (sensors, instrumentation within the hardcasing)..

I did realise nokia email system does not allow customers to directly write/communicate through customercare country specific ID, one has to gothrough web and compose the mails which is in disjunction to the previous communication.

Do comment, is Gorella glass made to protect from sratches? my device has visible sratches.

open floor for forum to comment & in case nokia reps reading this thread an feedback...

thanks folks for taking time to respond on my thread... will update once i receive my device from care point.

cheers, Pasupathy

Please use plain text.