Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 after update to 1600.2483.8106.11500

DickBarton

Where do I find the battery capacity please?  I assumed Settings>Battery Saver, or Settings>About, but I can't see it.

Secondly, is a full reset then update to 1600.2483.8106.11500 painless?  If contacts and music are backed up to/via Zune will it all synchronise after the update?  Surely Zune would also 'know' which apps were installed before the reset, will they be installed or listed for installation after the reset?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

Don't u have ur contacts synchronised on Windows Live?
Under the Windows Live menu items u can find devices an then ur phone. Click on it and then on account an u can find a list of apps u've installed so far and a link to reinstall them.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LPPlus

So I am now on latest 8107. After seeing all these posts, a hard reset seems to be the way to make the battery works. Of course, a hard reset means all the background tasks are not there again so the life of the battery "looks" like longer. Yet, my question is, whether after installing the applications as before, setting those sort of things sync like before, will the battery works in the correct way (about 1-2 days of life)?

I am unsure about it so I am not going to wipe out my phone and reset it before it is 100% the solution!

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

DickBarton wrote:

Where do I find the battery capacity please?  I assumed Settings>Battery Saver, or Settings>About, but I can't see it.

Secondly, is a full reset then update to 1600.2483.8106.11500 painless?  If contacts and music are backed up to/via Zune will it all synchronise after the update?  Surely Zune would also 'know' which apps were installed before the reset, will they be installed or listed for installation after the reset?

Thanks.

Call ##634# and the diag app will be installed, in there you'll find 'Battery Status'

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ppisniak

[ Edited ]

@LPPlus

I have that same applications in my Lumia like before hard reset. There is screen on 2nd page after 2 days of phone usage. My Lumia now works 2-3 days in quite normal use- I don't use games, navigation or music player 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LPPlus

ppisniak wrote:

@LPPlus

I have that same applications in my Lumia like before hard reset. There is screen on 2nd page after 2 days of phone usage. My Lumia now works 2-3 days in quite normal use- I don't use games, navigation or music player 

Thank you very much on your details! Is that you always turn off data connection so that all the sync, update are done through wifi?

My remaining time never goes beyound 12 hours before and after update...

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

We have today received this information from the Lumia 800 team regarding this discussion:

"We’ve seen your comments on the latest update for the Lumia 800 and wanted to take the opportunity to quickly address some points.

First of all, the primary target of the latest Lumia 800 update (1600.2483.8106.11500) was to enhance standby time as well as to bring an improvement to the issue reported by some customers in December, that their phone wasn’t able to access the full battery charge capacity correctly. We can confirm that we have successfully tested that those improvements are working. Additionally, we’ve noted your concerns regarding audio and camera settings and are going to address those in a series of future updates, ie. these will not be included in this specific update. It is also important to understand that only the Nokia Update for Lumia 1600.2483.8106.11500 will introduce the mentioned improvements. If you want to see what update you have installed or what software version you currently have on your Lumia 800, please check Settings>System>About and then tap the box for “More information”. The “Firmware revision number” shows 1600.2483.8106.11500 if you have installed the latest Nokia update for Lumia successfully. To make sure that your Lumia 800 is up to date and always gets the latest features, go to Settings > Phone Update and select “Notify me when updates are found”. Then, as soon as a new update is available for your Lumia 800, your phone will automatically display a notification.

Also always use the original Nokia Fast USB Charger AC-16 or the Nokia Charging and Data Cable CA-185CD that came with your Lumia 800, as they are specifically designed to charge the Lumia 800 as efficiently as possible. Only a charger with an output of 1000mA will fully charge your Lumia 800 battery. If you have several Nokia chargers at home, just check the respective labels or plastic parts as the product name is mentioned there.

Last but not least, the Diagnostic App was designed for internal testing purposes. In general, your battery is fine as long as the full charge capacity is more than 1000mAh. For the future, if you are checking your battery life, more useful information on the Battery status can be found by focusing on Settings>System>Battery saver. It will tell you both your remaining battery life in percent as well as the estimated time remaining, plus the time since you last charged your phone (as soon as you have disconnected your phone from your charger). If you have concerns about your battery capacity, please contact Nokia Care (phone numbers and locations can be found via www.nokia.com/support)."

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LPPlus

LPPlus wrote:

ppisniak wrote:

@LPPlus

Thank you very much on your details! Is that you always turn off data connection so that all the sync, update are done through wifi?

My remaining time never goes beyound 12 hours before and after update...

Also, how about the values in ##634#?

It seems I should try this method!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ppisniak

[ Edited ]

Yes, actually I sync by WiFi . I'm still testing my battery, so I try to switch off some apps. Full Charge Capacity started from 1482 mAh(1 charging), than fall down to 1300 mAh(2nd charging), and actually there is 1382 mAh(every charging it's going up).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LPPlus

ppisniak wrote:

Yes, actually I sync by WiFi . I'm still testing my battery, so I try to switch off some apps. Full Charge Capacity started from 1482 mAh(1 charging), than fall down to 1300 mAh(2nd charging), and actually there is 1382 mAh(every charging it's going up).

Good to hear that, maybe I am going for a hard reset then. Is your method pressing those "Cam" + "Lock" + "Volumn-" buttons at the same or others? If it's the latter, can you kindly pm me that method? Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ppisniak

[ Edited ]

Settings-> Phone informations-> Phone reset

I used other way, but it's not autorized, so I can't talk about it.
Asian93 made hard reset and obtained the same result.

I think it's not important with method You will use. System have to delete all previous informations about battery usage(I guess)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LPPlus

Thanks anyway I will try that tonight! Hopefully it works. If not, I may need your further help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ppisniak

Hard reset = fresh phone (all data will be lost)

Calendar & contacts You can store by Windows Live (hotmail), photos, videos and music by Zune, but there is no possibilities to store settings, SMS, email....

Please use plain text.
MartyM

After the update, I noticed my Full Charge Capacity to still read 1485 mAh. So that is what it said before the update as well.

When I fully charged it, it reached 1485 mAh.

Almost a day later, capacity had decreased to 1400 mAh. Really don't understand this since we speak of Capacity, which should be a constant.

Now, a couple of days later and a couple of recharges later, the capacity reads 1354 mAh and went down to even 1283 mAh.

Since the phone charges up to 100% of the capacity, I confirmed it stops at 1283 mAh.

This means that I am basically back to where I was. Where ate first, it did not reach the full capacity of 1485 mAh. But the capacity was always at 1485 mAh. Now, the capacity magically changes each day but seems to only decrease. I am basically at the same level of usable capacity.

Please use plain text.
MartyM

I would like to add that I have even less standby than before. I also don't understand the response about 1000mAh. Is it OK to be at 1000mAh when it should be ~1500 mAh? Is it OK to not be able to use 33% of the battery?

I read this as 'we don't know how to fix this' so wave off the issues by telling them to use real Nokia chargers (as if most are not doing that) and be happy with 66% which is more than 33%.

I am a huge fan of Nokia and this phone in particular but the fun quickly wears off when the phone dies because of lack of battery. Power is the most important thing for any smartphone. I hope you will fix this issue because nobody buys a phone with battery issues and bad news travels fast!!!

Please use plain text.
manchina

i agree, i think nokia are well made and i never had problems with there phones.

so lets hope nokia sort the flagship 800 out, before its to late.

im confused about my battery life so im just going to use my phone as normal and see.

can anyone tell me what life from a full charge should i get,from normal use; say 12 calls a day, 12 emails, play music for 2 hours. and constant checking battery life ha.

so far 28 hours.

Please use plain text.
the_source

Did the hard reset too.

First time charged after hard reset, phone lasted for about 30 hours which was way better than before. Needless to say I was very happy.

Second charge and battery was depleted in 9hours without even touching the phone (was full before I went to sleep and had shut down automagically overnight). (Crushed my soul)

Third charge and got a whopping 35 hours. Yes!!!

Guess what: fourth charge, unplugged the phone, checked the battery levels after half an hour and battery was at 87%. Damn!!!

Am doing the fifth charge right now but I got the feeling that depending on some unknown factor this will give me either 35+ hours or less than nine again. I would settle for 30hours if I got the same every time again. I think nokia is right when they say the battery is ok. The question is why the phone is pulling way too much current from the battery at some point in time. It seems like gets in overdrive at some point and is unable to fall back to e.g. 164ma (which i get when the phone is idle on the diagnostics screen) instead of +400ma and sometimes even up to +600ma when on the same screen.

As stated before by many others, I truly love the phone but I'm afraid to leave the house without the charger and without regularly checking the battery level to make sure I'm available and the phone is up and running when I need it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

[ Edited ]

I too have the same issue as all on this board!

My phone must have been one of the lucky ones that before the "update of death" this month worked fine and had 2 days of functioning with near 1500mah of capacity.

Since the update last weekend I noticed no changes - which I expected as the phone battery had no issues but on subsequent charges the battery has reached an all time low of 1366mah and lasts a rubbish 15 hours on standby doing nothing, tbh I'm scared of touching the phone now rendering it useless - SOOOO disappointed!

Come on Nokia get your act together what is the point of an all singing all dancing smart phone if you have to switch everything off and waste what little battery life the phone has constantly checking the battery remaining! It's like living in the 80's! I am so disappointed this is such a great handset and the windows os is great - when I get to use it that is!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pppisniak

[ Edited ]

What did my phone showed me today after charging?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tarbash

I havent had any real issues at all on my original firmware. However i updated the firmware to the very latest yesterday, and i also got the very low auto brightness issue. Very annoying, the screen is just way too dim and on manual mode the soft buttons are dark. Nooo waay. So i changed back to the previous firmware and all is fine again. 

Please use plain text.