Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 after update to 1600.2483.8106.11500

Professor

[ Edited ]

pppisniak wrote:

What did my phone showed me today after charging?

Nice..not sure if it means anything though....unless you do get 5 days out of it......

They need to sort out the low auto brightness, the 3 keys not lighting up and the jittery screen when you hold your finger down. (which i didnt have before this update!)

I wonder if lowering the auto brightness was a pathetic way of trying to extend battery life

Also does WP7 still default to 3G data under lock screen even when there is wifi available?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

[ Edited ]

Think I have sorted it now doing the revert to previous version + reset method as was sat on standby for 2 hours and only used 2% of charge as opposed to 25% of charge yesterday but I won't hold my breathe until I have had it running this week.

Although my issue may now be resolved this is a considerable faff for users to have to go through to install a poorly developed update. Nokia could at least hold its hands up and admit they have dropped a boob with this and clearly give a step by step guide of how to fix the issues instead of us having to trawl the internet in the hope that someone has got round the issue. As I'm sure, I am not the only user who is a novice on sorting techy issues for myself.

Come on Nokia admit you have stuffed up!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nitin800

Hi Nokia,

I have upgraded to the latest version (  1600.2483.8106.11500 ) on my Nokia Lumia 800, and my battery is STILL messed up.

I get a question mark on the battery, and when i go to the diagnostics screen and then battery status. every value is just 0.

argghhhhhh.... Please help, i was told that the new update was meant to fix all the battery problems. but is has done nothing for me.....

my old version before upgrade was:  1600.2479.7740.11451

My NEW version after upgrade is:  1600.2483.8106.11500

The upgrade went through fine, i.e. there was no issues during upgrade. The upgrade took about 27 minutes.

Also, I am using the original charger that was supplied with the phone. and yes i have restarted the phone and done all the other stuff that I have been asked to do.

NOKIA PLEASE HELP

Please use plain text.
umbungo

i updated my lumia to os 7.10.8107.79
however my fireware still reads 1600.2479.7740.11451
instead of 1600.2483.8106.11500 where the batery fix is included
why is this happening?
Please use plain text.
skerold

I have the same problem with my Lumia 800 (1600.2483.8106.11500, OS-version 7.10.8107.79, Hardware Rev.no 112.1402.2.3).

* Question mark on battery symbol.

* Battery status:

Charged 0%

Voltage 0V

Current (Discharging) 0 mA

Full Charge Capacity 0 mAh

Remaining Charge Capacity 0 mAh

Comments on this from the Nokia team would be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

Hi All

It does look like my issue is resolved BUT it did involve a mess around

Restore to previous firmware in Zune

Unplug phone from PC

Restore phone via Settings - about

Then plug back into PC and update to this new firmware

Seems to have fixed phone has now been running on light use admittedly for near 36 hours now and still shows 78% of battery left!

A bit concerned it may be rubbish on next charge though as someone has posted on here - Let you know whether that happens.

But Nokia HELLOOOOO! Are you reading this board?? Your Customers need help to resolve an issue you have caused and we do not want patronising by telling us to use Your official charger or that 1000mah is OK - IT IS NOT!, or rubbish like turn off and on again!

PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND PUT A POST ON THIS BOARD AND TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

OR WE'LL JUST GO ELSEWHERE WHEN WE COME TO RENEW OUR PHONES - TO A PROOVIDER WHO AT LEAST PUTS EDUCATED AND INFORMATIVE RESPONSES TO ITS CUSTOMERS AND DOES NOT JUST TREAT US LIKE IMBECILES!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dandino

Hi Umbongo, did you get a resolution to this? I have the same problem and was wondering how I might solve it. I am trying to backout the update and then re-apply the update again to see if that moves my firmware version forward. Will let you know what happens.

Please use plain text.
maarte997

Since the update my battery stops charging by 100% and then starts running dry... By midnight he gets it's juice. Yesterday morning he was at 84%... This morning at 6 he was charged and had 93%. I watched diagnostics and the phone was discharging... After putting the charger back in he started charging again. Later today, at 10, I watched again. 97%, diagnostics: discharging... 

Please use plain text.
apollinaris

Crazy stuff is going on with my Lumia 800. To cut a story short, I also updated it to 8106 and was completely dissapointed with the battery and automatic brightness issues. So I rolled back to previous firmware. And after this I'm still living from the first charging for the second day in a row! It is up and running for 28 hours already and still has 62% of charge, showing another 10 hours to go. And this is with WiFi constantly on (no data connection on, though). Normal use, few surfing, email, calls, etc.

I know that some users reported here something similar and that after the second charge the capacity drops significantly; let's see how my device behaves. But the point is: if the phone can last for so long the first time, and can and should retain the same capacity at least in the short to mid-term! (I know that batteries tend to deplete over the time, but not that fast!).

Please use plain text.
apollinaris

It becomes ridiculous. Current estimate for remaining charge is around 54 hours! Incredible...
Please use plain text.
Professor

Keep us updated mate! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

Mines still going too? Really wierd but not complaining!

FYI here is the email I received from Nokia on the issue:

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.

With regard to your inquiry about the performance of your battery after the updating the software of your Lumia 800, we suggest that you may try this troubleshooting steps below to resolve your concern.

Note: Try to check your device after performing each troubleshooting steps. You do not have to continue to perform the next troubleshooting steps if the issue had already been resolved.

A. Reboot your phone.

1. Press and hold the power key for about 10 seconds. 2. To switch your phone on again, press the power key.

B. Reset the device.

To reset the phone, kindly refer to the following information:

Note: This erases all the personal content, including apps that have been purchased and downloaded (may be re-downloaded again) and restores the factory settings.

1. Select 'Settings' 2. Choose 'About menu' 3. Select 'Reset your phone'

C. Hardware reset.

You could also perform a hardware reset, kindly refer to the following steps on how to perform a hardware reset (same as reseting the phone, will delete personal content):

1. Press and hold the volume down and camera keys. 2. Press and hold the power key. 3. When the phone screen goes black, release the power key, but continue holding the volume down and camera keys, until the phone reboots.

If the issue still perists, we suggest that you coordinate with retailer where you had purchased the device. You could also send the device to us via UPS for assessment. You may visit the link below to start the process of sending the device via UPS:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/gb-en/support/troubleshooting/warranty?c=1

Kindly take note that the whole repair process including posting may take 7-10 days or more depending on the complexity of the issue.

We seek for your patience and kind understanding on this matter.

If you have any other inquiry please do not hesitate to contact us again.

For future reference, please feel free to check our website. Kindly refer to the link below:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support

You may also call our Customer Care Hotline at 0845-045-5555, Mon-Fri 9am to 7pm (except bank and public holidays).

Yours sincerely,

Mark V. Nokia Service Professional UK & Ireland Team Nokia Care

Please use plain text.
Contributor

HI,

I just got my Lumia 800 last week and after 3 hours of being on its already at 75% battery life? the phone came with the 1600.2483.8106.11500 update already, so I'm not even sure if the hard reset would make a difference? My battery doesnt even last a day...my the time I go home its on life saver and I have no background tasks running and no wifi (Only 3g). I make maybe 1 call a day and its mostly on standby.

I'm really not impressed with its battery life...its really poor!!! 

Please use plain text.
apollinaris

Ok, so my Lumia's battery lasted for...2 days and 4 hours until complete (deep) discharge. That means 52 hours! Throughout this time I used the phone lightly-to medium, having WiFi constantly on, sometimes 3G data, normal web surfing, emails, calls etc. I can't believe it lasted for so long, it was never like this since I bought it two months.

To remind you, these results were reached by uninstalling the 8106 update and rolling back to the previous one (don't remember the number,  though).

Now, I'm still charging it and let's see how long does it hold this time. The maximum capacity in Diagnostics tools at the moment still shows the nominal of 1513 mAh. Fingers crossed :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RodeWouw

Hello,

I upgraded to version 1600.2483.8106.11500 on Sunday January 22. In the first week my phone kept draining without any apparent consuming  tasks (at least I was not aware at the time). After reading remarks in this discussion about background tasks I decided to do without any active background task via:

Settings -> Applications -> Background Tasks: all off

I did this on January 30th and charged to a 100% at 20:00 in evening (Diagnostics shows Full Charge Capacity around 1350 mAh):
- my usage is quite minimal:

• phone is always active with 3G, but:
    • off: Wifi, Bluetooth, photos changing in main screen, email polling, location polling
    • each morning 1.5 hours of FM radio and Zune music player (half hour)
    • each evening 1.5 hours of FM radio and Zune music player (half hour)
    • incidental texting and internet

Result: Sunday 20:00 100%, Monday 18:00 80%, Tuesday: 18:00 55%, Wednesday: 14:00 40%

In this way it should be possible to reach 4 days. I did not need a hard reset!

In my daily use I don't need background tasks so there can be a discussion about how useful they are. All the other switched off services I only switch on the moment I need them (for instance Wifi in the train, or location service).

Greetings, Marc

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RodeWouw

Follow up: there was a mistake in the post: it should be Sunday January 29th.

Current status phone Friday February 2 15:00 16% left. With 3 days and 19 hours since last load.

Let's hope the next loads go in the same way.

Marc

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RodeWouw

And again a (stupid) error: it should be Thursday February 2nd.

Apologies, Marc

Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]

I am jealous ....I don't really know what to do now though.

3UK said they would send it for repairs but seeing as Nokia reckon it is a software problem.....not sure what they can do to fix it

I have all my background tasks off anyway but turning off location shouldn't make a difference as all that does is allow an application to use it. If you aren't using an application that requires it it won't use it.

VERY annoying

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Spotless

I have the same problem... I so hate it............
Please use plain text.
Advisor
RodeWouw

Hi,

Maybe in some cases a hard reset is necessary, but it is up to Nokia to tell in which cases it is really the cure (I hope they are doing internal tests at the moment to find out), because a hard reset is undesirable.

The battery used in my phone, which I bought in Holland on November 18th 2011, is more than capable:

- February 2nd 18:20 10% first warning at 3 days 22 hours since last load

- at 21:00 3% giving a total of 4 days and 1 hour

Marc

Please use plain text.