Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 call waiting

tyekhan
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 call waiting

Hi,

with other Nokia phones , when I called someone who was already on another call I got a notification saying "You are on Call Waiting". So I knew whether or not that other person was on another call everytime I called them

but on the lumia 800 it does not do that how can i get it actived

Please use plain text.
Advisor
saurabhchhabra

i don;t think its a nokia thing.. this depends on the network operator of the person u're trying to call.. for some networks they give a double beep thingy for some they play a recording "that the number you have dialed is on another call"  or something to that effect..

hope this helps.. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
tyekhan

its NOT a network operator promble as it workis fine on my Nokia E7 with the same sim, but does not work on the lumia 800.
Please use plain text.
jax8214

I've tried the follows on Vodafone and it's works :

Turn call waiting on or off
1. Find "Phone"
Press arrow right to access the main menu.
Press Phone.
2. Turn call waiting on or off
Press the keypad icon.
To turn on call waiting.
Key in *43# and press call.
To turn off call waiting:
Key in #43# and press call.
A request to turn the setting on or off is sent to the network.
3. Exit
Press the Home key to return to standby mode.
Hope will help you.

Please use plain text.
mohamed1612

Tyekhan I know exactly what your talkin about. I spoke to my network provider n they sayin that older nokia phones have that software where as these new series of Nokia's won't have that software.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
preets_a

Try dialing *43# from your Lumia 800. It will enable call waiting. You will get a message saying "succeeded". This works for GSM network.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
svarog84

Works for me :smileyhappy: Thanks
Please use plain text.
vijay18gupta

Thank you JaX

I've tried the same on Airtel and it's works :

Key in *43# and press call.
To turn off call waiting:
Key in #43# and press call.

Hope it  will help you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rumeesraja

thanx......its now working
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
n33v

Yup its ridiculous thing,I dnt see if another person is already on other phone or not. N I dnt get any notification even if someone drag me in a conference or multy party call
Please use plain text.
MohammadImti

Bro I have the same problem with my Lumia 920. Have you solved your problem??If so, then please help me..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raahim3234

Thanks. It worked.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
careduro

Hi tyekhan

I understand exactly what you mean and this is a phone behaviour. Some of them notifien when the other one is with another call. Unfotunately my Nokia Lumia 800 does not provides this information. Other brands and models... some of them have this feature. However I don't really know how important it could be.

Maybe you could ask for this feature before buying a phone. As far as I know it is not possible to enable/disable this feature in any phone.

Kind regards

careduro

tyekhan wrote:

Hi,

with other Nokia phones , when I called someone who was already on another call I got a notification saying "You are on Call Waiting". So I knew whether or not that other person was on another call everytime I called them

but on the lumia 800 it does not do that how can i get it actived

Please use plain text.