Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 disastrous audio quality

Counsellor
aadicoool

[ Edited ]

Absolutely.... Its very nice to see that forum feedback hold importance to nokia.... After the update, i can't think of anything to complain about... User inerface and design already surpassed everything in the market. And now day-to-day issues like battery and audio quality have been addressed, it just seems complete. I mean you have got to hand it out to nokia. Yes the phone had issue. But remember the time to market of this phone. 6 months!!! With that amazing desing! I hope we haven't forgotten the anntenagate of the iPhone 4. And apple had plenty of time to test it out. Afterall, they hv their their own OS.

Hats off nokia.. 

Now, although i said i don't have anything to complain about, i can still nag about a few things :smileywink:

Wifi teethering, offline mode of nokia drive and an audio equalizer would be right at the top of my wish list now....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jerms

tethering & offline gps on its way
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sagem456

[ Edited ]

Right, Internet sharing and DLNA must be added! (before I buy a Lumia 800 again - I returned mine awaiting solutions to audio problems) I am glad to hear the audio problems have been adressed.

So, there is bass now. But what about Crosstalk and IM distorsion? I hope Anandtech will run a new test with their test equipment.

Also I want to  know if Nokia will let users upgrade the Lumia 800 to WP8 Apollo!?

And lets hope Nokia decides to swap the horrible Lumia 800 earphones suitable only for hairy Warewolf ears :smileyhappy: for the  type that ships with Lumia 710 sooner than later! I find it strange that a top of the line phone as Lumia 800 comes with low quality earphones. SonyEricsson always included earphones that were quite good with their Walkman phones. Nokia should learn from Sony, or even buy the headphones from Sony..

Is it now possible to use standard, low impedance headphones with the Lumia 800, or can you only use 32 ohms, or higher impedance, phones?

SagemStockholm
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

@sagem456 >> You can use 16 ohms headphones now.... Impedance issue has been addressed completely.... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

I still have audio problems with 1600.2483.8107.11501, I can hear popping and crackling when changing tunes, or when there is silence (stop music), all earphones have the problem, I had my Lumia 800 replaced with a new one via warranty but it's still the same.

The quality is pretty bad as well, no bass, it's super flat and not clear at all, I have to use a headphone amplifier to even get close to my previous experience with the iPhone 3GS, but still the clarity is just dull.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xumix

The audio quality issue is fixed since 1600.2487.8107.12070, I have installed it, and can confirm it is fixed.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

What region are you in?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xumix

@masterpeura Russsia, but I've manually installed the update.

MOREOVER, FFS NOKIA, this update has introduced a new bug:
When listening to music via headphones and incoming call occurs the sound level eventually increases to the max then goes down and the call sound occurs. This is really annoying and can really make one deaf
Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

@xumix

In fairness if you are outside of the region of the update then you've flashed it yourself.

I also believe that the india fw was pulled because of this issue, it is now back up.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xumix

@newneotoo actually yes, I've installed it by myself
It was Singapure FW, btw
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
piran

[ Edited ]

No doubt the eventual arrival of the UK F/W is likely

to be seemingly in geological timescales. Is there

no way or procedure just to fetch it oneself from

the proper source? The official mantra similar to 

"it'll be there when it's there" is so indeterminate.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gradinkov

The Lumia 710 is affected as well. Nokia, PLEASE fix this.

IF the distortion after sound effects can be solved by disabling the FM radio module, please provide us with an option for turning radio off coz personally I NEVER use it.

As for the lack of bass, add an equalizer, problem solved.

That's it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

It wasn't just lack of bass, the sound was super flat and it wasn't clear at all.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kworld

Hi everyone, I wanted to buy a lumia for quite sometime , I was waiting for nokia to find a solution fro the sound problems as its a very important feature for me , I would like to know if the update solved the problem , can anyone confirm :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sachi2112

Head phones are really good but the phone output is very bad just check stock ear phones with good phones are music player they are really great..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sachi2112

This issue is still not rectified in (1600.2487.8107.12070) update .
This is horrible . Basic phones sound lot better than Nokia lumia 800. I donno whats wrong with nokia. I always loved and have had 5 nokia phones so far. But lumia 800 has many issuse . i should have know before buying .
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

___________________________________________________________________________________

This issue is still not rectified in (1600.2487.8107.12070) update .
This is horrible . Basic phones sound lot better than Nokia lumia 800. I donno whats wrong with nokia. I always loved and have had 5 nokia phones so far. But lumia 800 has many issuse . i should have know before buying . 

___________________________________________________________________________________

@Sachi2112 >> This is SO NOT TRUE.... Please get beyond the "Stock earphones".... It was decided that the earphones supplied with Lumia 800 is Junk.... Get yourself a decent headphones/earbuds and you WILL hear the massive difference....

Earlier, high end headphones were also sounding terrible and hence the origin of this Post.... Now the sound is so balanced that I leave my iPod touch at home....

But please, Don't spread rumours if you havn't tested it thoroughly... 

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

I confirm that this issue is resolved by Nokia.

Nice :smileyhappy:

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
celestin

Just played music with a nokia lumia 800 and a high end stereo headphones. the very latest software is installed, at least zune claims there is no software update available.

I confirm the sound quality is disastrous. No bass, no space, very tiring and agressive. This cannot be admitted on such an expensive phone... I do not understand why the software is not providing any equalizing feature... I have a C7 and used to have a N85. Both had very good sound quality.

Sound playback is a key feature for my phone. I won't buy a lumia that sounds so terrible.

Nokia please explain and fix this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RicardoDawkins

[ Edited ]

@celestin

I think you are lying or hidding something.
Read your 1st paragraph....then proceed to your 3rd paragraph...

Do you own a Lumia 800 after all?

Please use plain text.