Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 disastrous audio quality

Registered Member
Reaver99

sound quality on Lumia is just unacceptable, boy it wouldn't be acceptable back in 2007 even..
I was in awe with this phone, fit and finish is very nice, but there are so many basic flaws that makes this thing just unusable
Please use plain text.
Contributor
edwgil

Nokia eventually refunded me the full cost of my lumia 800. They agreed with my previous posts, that at the time of purchase the specifications were misleading. These specifications have now been amended on global sites.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nsvas

Hi I just purchased Lumia 710 and could not locate graphic equalizer. The sound has very less bass and its doesnt sound good at all. Is there any App that I can download which has this functionality? I am using the same headphones which I used with my old Bada device ( wave 2). 

The one given along with the mobile are not good ( even lesser bass). 

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance...

Note: The device has up to date software.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KobaSmith

I had Sony Ericsson C903 before my lumia 800 and it had much better sound quality than this 'high-end smartphone', I'm going to buy iPhone

Please use plain text.
Siggers

Is there any update to this? Also is there a program for a refund or a phone replacement for us people sold on the "fantasic" music playback according to Nokia?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Wait for windows phone 7.8 update guys as tech blogs have reported that it will bring new nokia music version which will have an equalizer.
Please use plain text.
gagarin1

do you have any links to that?

what about the call volume? as it is also too low...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nukesheart

I have my Lumia 800 for two months now, and I didn't felt this issue until these past two days when I have updated my phone to WP7.8.

Before on 12220 update everything sounds OK but on 7.8, it's the first time I encountered this issue. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ASHISH03

I have Lumia 800. Audio quality is very poor and max volume is very low. But surprisingly when I start listening songs and new msg notification appears on phone then suddenly max volume automatically increases and quality also gets improved. Just wondering if there is any way to keep that sound level and quality constant.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alphataghur

[ Edited ]

checked in late, I think, your phone is custom made, all phones are terribly mal performing when it comes to audio output. have gone through scores of threads across websites, NO ONE, seems to have a solution that could revive, Lumnia 800 from, cheap audio output.

GeoffN wrote:

I've had my Lumia 800 for over a month now and have been reading these posts. I think you must all have a different phone. I have absolutely no problem with the audio. It's no different to my iPod or iPhone allthough an equaliser would be appreciated.

Moderator's note: Duplicate quote is removed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johniewest

Poor quality sound when trying to speak outside,any background traffic

it performs poorly i am checking my warranty as this is not acceptable

for a mobile of this price category.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nsvas

Now my phone is updated to latest 7.8.. But there is no sound enhancement :smileysad: ( No equalizer) also I purchased this phone from Nokia showroom, So does it mean Nokia folks gave me a custom made cheap phone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

No equalizer is available for WP7, no matter whether you have upgraded to 7.8 or still on 7.5.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Amerika2103

Hi there!

I join you with everything you've mentioned : I habe b een quite happy with my lumia 800, until the recent Audio Update.
Now the Sound is awful and has a real bad Bad. The Sound of my husbands Iphone and the
is much better!
Have you found any solution until now?
Many regards!
Please use plain text.
kpavan

Lumia 720 disastrous audio quality

Hi every one,

I bought Lumia 720 recently. It is provided with WH-108 Nokia Stereo Headpones. Its audio quality is also disastrous.My earlier phone is Nokia X2-00, a feature phone, which has 10 times better audio quality. I dont know whether it is fault with the phone or headphones. Its not good on behalf of Nokia, which has such a great reputation. Fix this issue...Other wise there will be a great dip in sales for such a good phone.

I'm a music lover.Can any one suggest me a good alternative to this headphones

Please use plain text.