Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 do not turn on!

Motta

Lumia 800 do not turn on!

Hello everyone

I was listening music when my Lumia 800 suddenly turned off... I tried hard reset and it did not work... I don't know what to do with my phone, please help me...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

try holding down the power button for 8 seconds,was your battery flat?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Motta

Lumia 800 do not turn on!

yes... i tried it

my baterry was almost full... It happened 2 hours after I charged the battery... I tried Soft reset and Hard Reset and did not work... =c

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Try the following.
Unplugging and reconnecting the charger to the phone
Attaching the phone to a PC, then to a charger
Warming the device to create a small charge in the battery, then starting to charge it

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sleepywhispers

I had the same problem last week, I left it in to my local Vodafone store I got it back on Tuesday and they said it was a battery fault
Please use plain text.
Motta

I tried and didn't work... I will have to send my phone to US Nokia... I bought it when I was in USA... I do live in Brazil... Here in Brazil, the repair is about $500   LOL and a Lumia 800 is about $600

Please use plain text.
Motta

sleepywhispers, I think the only solution will be send my phone to US Nokia... I'm from Brazil..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sleepywhispers

Mine was fixed for free cause I'm in the middle of a 2yr contract
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

600 DOLLARS WOW!! 159 euro here in ireland

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Flexi_BTS

I still don't understand why Nokia doesn't provide an international warranty just like other respectable companies.

It's not our fault if they are not shiping the device to the whole word when it's released making us wait months watchin youtube demos and reviews.

Unless they really want us to forget about it, that would be a different story...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Flexi_BTS wrote:

I still don't understand why Nokia doesn't provide an international warranty just like other respectable companies.

Really? Which ones? If you are refering to Apple, then I suggest you check their warranty first, along with all the other major smartphone manufacturers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Flexi_BTS

[ Edited ]

I wasn't pointing at Apple. Nokia doesn't need to follow, they should lead. There are many electronics manufacture or vendor that does give you an international warranty no matter where you got your device from.

Care to tell me what's the reason behind the strict local warranty policy ? It's only wasting the consumer time and money. I can't find any advantage for adopting this rule other than avoiding support costs for models that aren't sold in a particular country and discourage gray market imports...

It's obvious that phone makers don't want you to buy their most exciting products. It's all about control..

Companies like Cingular, Sprint and T-Mobile obviously prefer that we buy our phone from them, with a nice long contract. They don't like us buying our phone somewhere else and coming shopping for the best contract deal we can find.

Nokia should have a kind of limited international warranty in Europe. If you purchased your phone in Europe you should get your phone serviced under warranty in any European country ( EEA) including Switzerland and Turkey where the same model is sold by its maker !!

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/european-limited-warranty/

Nokia does have a European limited warranty. As I said in another thread an Android phone I bought in Brussels was repaired locally in UK. I've no idea what Apple might do as they do seem to be a law unto themselves but I'd be surprised if any manufacturer selling in the EU didn't offer this.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Flexi_BTS

Well then it's time to fill a complaint. Last time I contacted Nokia Care ( Turkie) they asked me to return it back to amazon.de

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

So you bought from amazon then.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Turkey is not part of the EU.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

So what ? Did you read the European Warranty ? It includes several non EU countries like Norway and Switzerland and Turkey.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

You are absolutely right and Flexi_BTS should indeed complain about this treatment by Nokia Care Turkey.

Please use plain text.