Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 driver not found on Windows Vista

Lumia 800 driver not found on Windows Vista

Hi

I tried to connect my Lumia to Windows, but my Vista does not seem to have a driver for Lumia.

I downloaded Zune, but also when I connect Zune to my phone, I get the message 'driver not found'.

Can I get the driver from somewhere? Or is there another way to copy an mp3 onto the phone?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
jj14x

Re: Lumia 800 driver not found on Windows Vista

If you installed Zune on your PC, the drive should be automatically installed when you connect your Lumia to the PC. Maybe try a different USB port on the PC? (sorry, can't think of anything else) Also, with the phone connected to your PC by USB, go into device manager (under control panel, admin tools, computer management) and see if you see any devices with a yellow exclamation mark.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

I use it with WinXP, no problem. There is an other way to copy mp3 to ur phone: through wireless synchonisation, but ... that requires that u connect ur phone at least once with ur PC/Zune to setup wireless sync.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Regulator

I'm having exactly the same problem.  I've got the latest version of Zune downloaded on a PC running Vista.

The phone isn't recognised and the drivers won't install.  I've tried uninstalling Zune and reinstalling, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them - but nothing works.

This is very poor on the part of Nokia, who seem to have tied up with Windows but not shipped a device that is compatible with Microsoft systems.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Hi All,

It's worth trying this link from Windows Answers in order to troubleshoot the driver problem in your computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-fixing-common-driver-problems

Hope it helps,

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

Also, you will need to update the driver through Windows Device Manager, in order for Windows to properly communicate with the Nokia Lumia 800.

Sincerely,

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
Advisor
millertime_1985

[ Edited ]

after 3 weeks of emailing back and forward with microsoft/zune support to get zune working - because nokia chose not to offer support for lumia handsets through Nokia suite or Software Updater- i finally get zune working so i can update the phones software (thanks again btw)... and now i get told that zune doesnt detect my phone...

i've checked online forums, threads on here, followed the advice above about the microsoft tool for driver errors, tried updating the driver through MS Device manager.... and i have the same problem over and over and over... i get told that there is no driver available.

so a driver isnt available for windows vista through microsoft... and Nokia are so lazy that they/you wont provide a driver on the website... or even on a god damn CD disc.

how about trying to provide some actual support to the people that buy your expensive phones.

Moderators note: Offensive tone has been removed. Please do not use offensive language on the boards.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
helphil

I face the same difficulty: nokia Lumia 800 , windows Vista, impossible to install Zune: contact windows! Any help? solution? all should be welcome !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
varun1987

Hey guys,

It is very simple. Install zune software in your pc, then right click on my computer go to manage then device manager. there u'll find windows phone with yellow mark. right click on it and update driver manually.

select the path computer-program files-zune and click ok. Your phone will be detected automatically

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vinsL800

just had the same problem , you need to do a WINDOWS UPDATE!

Lumia800 unlocked
Please use plain text.