Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 in Ireland

Advisor
BarryP
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 in Ireland

I have a Nokia Lumia 800, the update on Zune says i have the latest software version (7.1), yet when i try and install certain apps (Sky Sports News) it says i dont have access to it because it requires 7.5.

Any ideas whats going on here.?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

What's the exact (complete) message?

I believe

Mango = 7.1

Tango = 7.5

Tango update is coming but not available yet unless it shipped with the phone. If that's the case then that would explain it though it would be odd that the publisher would jump the gun and put this requirement on it unless they were using something specific to Tango in it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BarryP

Thanks for getting back to me, actually now its saying:

App not found

We can't find that app in this Marketplace.

Yet when i go to the Sky Site its listed as an App for the Windows Phone.? Odd

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Is this the app you are looking for?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/apps/0778df3d-bb22-4459-a8c1-d01323059ec5

You will find Windowsphone version history here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Phone

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BarryP

Thanks cjlim, i can find that no problem but when i go to My MarketPlace to install it the message reads

App not found

We can't find that app in this Marketplace.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That's because it is not available in the Irish marketplace. It is on the UK marketplace. There are ways to download apps from the marketplace of another country but it is a bit of hassle, especially if you have to change back afterwards. Also, the app may not work in Ireland.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BarryP

Thats a pity but thanks for clearing it up.

Please use plain text.