Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 mobile data connection

Registered Member
bledardemiri

Lumia 800 mobile data connection

[ Edited ]

Help please

I have nokia lumia 800 and there is no MOBILE DATA CONNECTIONS when i go to SETTINGS so i can not turn off DATA CONNECTIONS when i want to use WI-FI.

Can anybody tell me where can i find MOBILE DATA CONNECTIONS or HOW???

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi bledardemiri,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

You will find two settings on the Lumia. One is Settings>WiFi which will control Wi-Fi settings. This setting will always override the Mobile network connection when a Wi-Fi network which is known is in range. If that happens the mobile data connection will not be used as long as the Wi-Fi is active.

Second is the Settings>Mobile Network options where you can switch off or on mobile data or make other adjustments. You can also setup an access point here for mobile data if that doesn't happen automatically. Use the 'add apn' option and enter the required information which you will find on you carriers website.

You can also use the 'Network Setup' app from the Nokia Collection in Marketplace (if available). This app will setup settings for Internet and MMS using many available carrier presets which you can select or you can choose to do so manually.

Again, once a known Wi-Fi connection is available the Lumia will connect to that and not use the mobile data connection (which will remain active, but not in use).

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tanzir87

Hi, 

I bought my lumia800 on the december 2013. Till last week everything was fine. suddenly data connection stopped working. now i cant use internet,whatsapp,skype, anything. I can use these through wifi..but mobile internet isnt working..i ve tried many things..updating the phone, restarting...etc..etc..data connection button is switched on.Whats the problem??

Please HELP!!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Have you checked with your service provider to ensure the problem isn't their end. Also try another sim. 

Please use plain text.