Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 - notification indicator or light

NixEre
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 - notification indicator or light

Hi  there

Any ideas ?

If you have been away from the phone, when you come back, how do you see there is a missed call or SMS ? 

Yes it flashed when it comes in, but goes back to black within a set time.   

Most other phones have some kind of light to show this.

Nokia have told me there is no inbuilt facilty for this but there might be an app. I can't find one, has anyone got a recommendation ?

Thanks!

Nic

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

Re: Lumia 800 - notification indicator or light

Only way I know of is by pressing the power button to wake the screen up.

You should then be able to see Icons at the bottom of the screen indicating Missed calls, new messages and new emails.

I don't think there is any way of setting a Notification light to flash

You could try searching here http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions to see if this has been requested as a feature and add a vote for it

If not, you could add a request for the feature on that site

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Unfortunately there are no apps that enable this feature, nokia may be working on something for a future update but they've yet to tell us.

For now all you can do is press the lock button to light the screen and check the bottom of the screen for the missed message and call icons.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kinaton

Another function to drain the battery more.

Nokia should be sorting out the current issues with their firmware before introducing more bugs, or features.

Please use plain text.
NixEre

Thanks guys .

Yes, know you can power up again every time ... (but guess that would also use the battery !)

Is it a Windows Phone thing, or a Nokia ?

Cheers

Nic 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Some windows phones do have notification lights, others don't. Nokia seemed to follow the path of the iphone by not including any notification light. I believe the ones that do only notify for calls, not messages but not certain on that.

It may be possible in a future software update for the phone to flash one of the key light for notifications, like the windows key, but at present that is not possible due to microsoft restrictions.
Please use plain text.