Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 poor battery life

Professor

Lumia 800 poor battery life

Anyone here's battery run out very quickly. I had it charged last night and when I got up in the morning it was down to 35% from just sitting there. 

It might have been updating email but that shouldn't kill the battery like that. 

I don't use it that much during the day but it seems to go down really fast. I'm currently at 47% and it estimates 1 hour left....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@mkr10001

Like any new battery it will need a few cycles of fully charging and discharging before battery will deliver it's best.

Have you tried using battery saver feature in "Settings" overnight?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

did you get a brand new micro SIM with the phone?

The Lumia 800 should not have that bad battery life unless something is wrong  

Please use plain text.
Professor

I might give that a go. I was going to try switching off Wifi and data overnight and see how it is tomorrow
Please use plain text.
Professor

Yeah new micro sim.

Yeah it doesn't seem right to me. The phone i was on before it N86 would last a few days without needing a charge
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same problem. I actually deactivated data connection and wireless, did not use the phone for anything and after 5 hours the battery was down to 60%. maybe you could try the same and confirm ?

Is there anybody from Nokia Tech Support on this forum?

Please use plain text.
Professor

So that would make it's standby about 12 hours?

That's terrible. And it's not like they can just send a replacement battery is it.......
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I actually charged it fully again. There were no apps running and WiFi as well as 3G were deactivated.

I took 2 pictures of it, one with Battery Saver ON and the other with it OFF. Without Battery Saver it shows 15h and with Battery Saver it shows 17h. There is clearly something very wrong here...

Please use plain text.
Professor

yeah mine showed 1 hour estimated left at 45% before then it changed to something higher I can't remember what, more sensible though.

I don't know if the batteries are just **bleep** or if it's a software problem.

What country are you from and what network are you on?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Germany / O2.

i left it now in Aircraft Mode, no apps running. I'll check tomorrow what the battery is showing. looks like i'll be taking a trip to the Nokia Care Monday :smileysad:

also curious, if i try to charge the phone while it is shut down, it turns itself on. it is always turning on when charging.

Please use plain text.
Professor

Yeah it's supposed to do that. I was asking over on wpcentral about it not turning on immediately after i turn it off and they said it should (which is has started doing now) and they also said it should turn on when it's plugged in.

Well I'm in the UK on 3 so I wonder if there is a problem with the batteries.....

Will be a bit of a palava to get it replaced though. I'll get onto my network and see what they say
Please use plain text.
Contributor
streetsleeper

[ Edited ]

Got to agree with you guys very poor battery life. I charged it up for 10 hours upon first getting it unplugged it at 10pm and left it over night got up and was on 75% at 5am. dont think that was to bad. however as i have drained the battery then recharged it the battery lif has got shorter. its showing 10 hours standby now with wifi and location services off. this was after it was on on 10% battery then on charge for 10 hours again. Is this a batch of bad batteries or is it a fault with the software.

I read there was meant to be a W7 update coming out but i havnt heard anything else about it.

love the phone not impresssed with having to carry my chrager everywhwere to use it.

just to add its now on 99% after 35 minutes an standby time has gone upto 13 hours with everything off apart from battery svae mode.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

yes, this is my experience EXACTLY! battery life is such a BASIC thing!!!! Nokia is cursed or something... they always raise expectations with dream devices and fail miserably afterwards... Nokia N97 all over again :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Professor

So then, how do we go about getting this recognised as a major issue? Do we all contact Nokia or our networks and get replacements? I don't know how widespread this is, could only be few of us with it
Please use plain text.
Contributor
streetsleeper

guys heres alink to an article however im confused if we are already running this software update in the uk

http://www.winrumors.com/nokia-preparing-lumia-800-update-for-windows-phone-7740-and-battery-improve...

does anyone know how to check what version were running.

latest is meant to be 7.10.7740.16.
Please use plain text.
Professor

Oh wow I hope that fixes it.

if you go to settings > about

then click more information it will tell you

mine is 7.10.7720.68
Please use plain text.
Contributor
paul243

Same ere im not a heavy user but i need to recharge it everyday thinking taking it back get my money back paying £400 you exspect the battery to last not a happy customer going back to N8 least i get 3 days out of it :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Professor

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/11/18/nokia-lumia-800-update-battery-life-boost-incoming/

another article about the update there.

wait until that update before you change your mind dude

Please use plain text.
Advisor

my N8 is also on hot standby :smileyhappy: I am willing to give Nokia the benefit of the doubt and assume that at worst this is a bad batch of batteries. Else, i will also take it back. shame though, the phone is gorgeous and really fast :smileysad: love the screen, the responsiveness, but what's the use if it's THAT low on juice....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
streetsleeper

mine is also 7.10.7720.68 so hoping this works :smileyhappy: and soon
Please use plain text.