Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 poor battery life

Counsellor
iceytoa1

@lu1gj3s

"Is it worth seeing which operator this happens with?

Mine's on 3 UK.

I'm assuming it's a bad batch here...

Anyone with battery problems please let us know your operator.

My replacement is coming tomorrow, but if it's a bad batch it'll just be the same thing..."

I'm on 3 Uk too.

@teh0wner

"That;s exactly how my Lumia came. Phones4U Simfree however"

What information do you think could be checked against each others?

ALSO

So my phone manages from quarter to eight in the morning till four in the afternoon with 5%-20% power left.

But today I tried turning off 3G and yeah it managed it with 51+% Power!

I think we can safely say it's the 3G radio thats eating the battery, still not as good as it's advertised as being but at least useable.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GJS1

The phone confused me today.

I set brightness to Low to try and conserve battery today and the battery started draining faster than usual and the estimated life was massively decreased.

After switching back to Auto the drain decreased back to previous levels and the estimated battery life time increased again even though I was doing the same things on the phone. I tested it a few times and got the same result.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
teh0wner

To be honest there's nothing indicating part of what batch it is.

However there's a text printed on the blue box where it opens with

"96021Q7-V2.1 20-6" whattever that may mean..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

Mine from same shop has same number before dash then V1.1 20.5

I wonder if mine was from the first batch. I got it on the 16th when they were first released.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
teh0wner

I think we might be onto something here. Am not sure.. as this is my replacement and still has battery issues.

Unfortunately I didn't write down that number of my original Lumia to be able to compare, however I feel it was the same as this one.

My first one: 19th of Nov
2nd one: 26th of Nov
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

[ Edited ]

I got this in the milton keynes and they seemed to have plenty in their cupboard.

carphone warehouse were selling theirs for seventy pounds more so got mine for about four hundred sim free.

I hope they bring out an update soon to sort the issue.

I have turned off

all automatic apps. time/date, location, update etc.

uninstalled nokia music, ebay and any other apps i could.

That has certainly helped.

I hope your battery improves with use as others have found.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GJS1

Mine says  96021Q7-V1.1 20-3

Please use plain text.
Professor

Hopefully my replacement will be here tomorrow
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Albert43

After folowing this topic now for some days I want to share my experiance on the Lumia 800 with you all.

I bought the phone on the 18th and after taking it out of the box i installed Whatsapp and setup the phone to my preferences Wifi.email....

The first full day of use I was disapointed the battery went down in 10 hour. After 2 days I removed Whatsapp and configured email sync to 2 hours for 2 mailboxes and my outlook box to 30 min. Still this did not improve a lot.

But after a day of heavy use the battery improved a lot. I have now Whatsapp installed, location Off and am at my residence for 24 hours a day (same enviorment in terms receiption) By the way my phone switches due to low signal every few minuts from 3G to H to G and no signal.

What seems to improve battery life in my case was calling for about 4 out of 6 hours. Now my phones comes of the charger with a estimated battery life of 1 day and 11 hour. Basicly I recharge after 18 hour regardles if it is empty or not.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iceytoa1

"To be honest there's nothing indicating part of what batch it is.

However there's a text printed on the blue box where it opens with"96021Q7-V2.1 20-6" whatever that may mean.."
@teh0wner
Mine has the same code up until the last number, 96021Q7-V2.1 20-4!

I think we're onto something, could it be the 20th production run and that our Lumia's were made just one phone apart?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lu1gj3s

Mine says v2.1 20-1.

The reason I asked what operator you have is because these phones get allocated to operators per batch. So 3 UK will have a batch of phones say 1-20,000 and Vodafone will have 20,000-40,000.

Just trying to find the problem here...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
twenty7twelve

[ Edited ]

So glad I found this forum! Have been reading all the posts earlier today at work after a terrible morning.

My nokia lumia is only 10 days old. The battery only lasted 5 hours this morning, unbelievable!

I fully charged it overnight, unplugged it at 5:30am, listened to 30 mins fm radio on the train (terrible crackling through the headphones, not pleasant, and couldn't turn the radio volume down very low??), used data connection to receive 2 emails, but by the time I got to work it was 57%. The phone was very hot too which didn't seem usual. 

I found this forum and tried all the tricks: made sure data, 3g, wifi were off, location off, all background tasks closed, put battery saver on, turned vibrate off, auto time update off, auto screen brightness off, and put it on flight mode but still the battery life was going down and down. 

The phone had died before 12 noon. :smileysad:

I went to the orange shop to ask if they were aware of any problems with the nokia lumia but the man just laughed at me and said no. 

Luckily there is a 3 shop next to my work so I went in there are they said yes, they are aware of the battery problem, and like other posters have said, I need to wait and install the update which should be coming soon. Luckily, the 3 shop were kind enough to lend me a charger for a few hours so I could use my phone again :smileyhappy: Thanks guys :smileyhappy: More helpful than the orange shop!

So, battery was charged to 100% (took over 2 hours). Got home this eve, and the battery was down to 67%. ????? All settings were off and all I had done since fully charging it was send 2 texts!!

Just called orange customer services on 150, after a pleasant(ish) chat to a guy, orange are sending me a replacement nokia lumia 800 tomorrow morning!! Hope this was indeed faulty battery and the new mobile will be ok.

Will keep you posted. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PieterB

[ Edited ]

My problems seems to have disappeared completely. Full day with a lot of use is no longer a problem. Don't know why or how, but now I'm quite happy with my Lumia :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
biggzyn80

@ PieterB can you give us a run down of your settings please?

Many thanks,
Adam.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zeduffman

My battery life has also improved over the last few days, but that's with vibration off, location off, feedback services off, and email set to manual. Would like to be able to use these features without worrying about battery life.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
twenty7twelve

I am wondering if is to do with the apps I installed?

Last night I did a phone reset (to get it ready to return to orange), did a full charge, didn't install anything, and in 4 hours the battery is showing 97%. I even used data connection for one hour. The phone is cold too, not hot like it was yesterday when the battery drained in a few hours!

Waiting for the replacement handset now ....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
stueyboy

I've taken to switching the 3g off when I'm in the office or at home on wifi networks which makes the battery life much better for me. I read on XDA that there is no wifi priority on this phone, so the 3g is always being used. If this could be sorted, that would make a difference.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arkiliknam

Just a quick update on my experiences with the phone. Battery seems to be getting better, but still no where near as good as a few others have reported. I refuse to turn of features that make my phone a smart phone, so I'm running with 3g, wifi, location on, basically the default setup.

Yesterday I listened to music on the phone for almost 5-6 hours, which I never would have dreamed of before. Recieved one call, a couple of texts, email, did 5 mins of browsing. 11 or 12 hours later it was still on, but quite low, so I plugged it back in for another full charge.

11 or 12 hours isn't great (and far from our 3 day friends out there), but considering earlier I couldn't even get 9 hours while it sat there idle, it a noticable improvement considering I played music half the time on it.

Oh, and my phone is from Vodafone in a London store, as was the first one I had and returned due to the problems. The first one I bought on the 16/11/2011, my current one maybe a week later.

NOKIA, any updates on the situation?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I'm at 1030 down from 1308mah after 24hrs. Must say I was using another phone last night but it is still pretty decent. Pleased to say that I am now satisfied with the battery life with the current settings which I can easily live with. Will now use it normally for the next few days and see what happens. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arkiliknam

Nokia just emailed me and say they will call to discuss the issue at some time.
Please use plain text.