Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 poor battery life

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@Aslan93

@Foxmeister

Hi Guys,

Not to be a killjoy or anything but there is a specific reason why your posts are being moderated.

On top of what @psychomania has mentioned, the below is taken directly from the forum guidelines:

Nokia does not comment on rumours or speculation concerning anything not officially announced by the company, and as such discussion of such matters on this forum is also not permitted.

I have also attached a link to guidelines as well:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Discussions-Guidelines/Guidelines-read-these-first/td-p/1

Hope this clears this up.

Thanks Guys.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Aslan93

was just trying to reassure and share the good news with the people who arent all that familiar with twitter or xda.. and i didnt share any updating methods nor did my link :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@Aslan93

Hi,

Completely understand what you were trying to do but I must once again refer you to the guidelines and more specifically:

Nokia does not comment on rumours or speculation concerning anything not officially announced by the company, and as such discussion of such matters on this forum is also not permitted.

Nothing to do with updating methods but discussing or commenting on something which is not official , that's the reason.

Thank you for your understanding on this.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMNdi

[ Edited ]

@everyone

Don't feel bad, we have instant email subscription :smileyvery-happy:

@foxmeister

If I were to post something about "high drain", would you assume I were referring to 3G drain?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

IMNdi wrote:

@everyone

Don't feel bad, we have instant email subscription :smileyvery-happy:

@foxmeister

If I were to post something about "high drain", would you assume I were referring to 3G drain?

I would assume you were talking about high current drain but wouldn't know what you were saying was the cause of it

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kinaton

[ Edited ]

and nokia don't want to get peoples hopes up that they may actually care about their customers.

All to quick to remove peoples' constructive posts, but not to quick to help customers with issues.

I've been moderated, because I said 

MODERATORS NOTE: Discussion of illegal third party software is not allowed on the forums as it could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty. Please do not discuss or distribute illegal software on the official Nokia forums.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMNdi

I'm not a moderator here, but experience suggests your post was deleted because it replied to a deleted post and would make no sense in the context for people reading post factum.

Posts usually get deleted in batches.

"My phone has issues too"

"Oh, cool, where's the link?"

Come to think of it, these posts don't make much sense, either :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AndehX

Yeah I think the moderators are little too trigger happy here.
I had a post removed in which i talked about my experience with the latest firmware. The moderator claimed I was talking about rumors and ways to update devices with unofficial updates...
When somebody talks about their experience with something, it's called a fact, and not a "rumor"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Aslan93

absolutely!
I think that its should be the Nokia people writing on this thread:
"oh whats up? just a quick comment on the gigantic load of complaints about battery life, we are releasing a new FW soon, sit tight and your problem will be solved. Meanwhile switch off your phone when you're not expecting any calls" LOL copyright phrase
Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

@Raoul_Duke - Funny how Nokia are quick to read and delete posts that violate forum but won't read and reply to any of us with a constructive response on this highlighted issues.

Nokia - you are putting your resource on these forums into policing rather than Customer Service!! You are appearing increasingly clueless as to the annoyance this is causing your paying customers!!!!!:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

@kinaton - totally agree!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kinaton

[ Edited ]

again I didn't mention any illegal firmware or how to download it.

Maybe I'll donate my company slogan to nokia "We're not happy til your not happy (tm)"..  their "connecting people (tm)" is a little dated.

EDIT: there  is no issues, Nokia;'s words.. its because we are actually using the phone for what it was designed for "Connecting People" LOL.. its a joke!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
FinSteve

Nokia better start hurrying the next fw update. My neighbour was calling to me to let me know they accidentally hit my car. At this time however Lumia decided that it's time to say sayonara as battery was out. I had recharged it about 16 hours ago. Yes, I did use twitter and facebook once or twice for maybe 5-10 minutes tops, also had one 5 minute phone call. Other than that Wifi and packet data were turned off and phone was idle. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMNdi

kinaton wrote:

EDIT: there  is no issues, Nokia;'s words.. its because we are actually using the phone for what it was designed for "Connecting People" LOL.. its a joke!

I am fairly sure those aren't Nokia's words :smileywink:

On a brighter note, Mobile Tech World published an article about *nothing at all* and it has been reposted on another a WP site, with a comment that "Nokia has been super-aggressive in seeking out and correcting the *cool stuff* plaguing Lumia 800. and this new *beautiful day* that is coming out is expected very soon".

Good, I say, a change of tone in this dreary thread. In all my years I had nothing but *excellent* experience with Nokia's bug fixing department and it's good to see they picked up the pace and focusing on a product rather than burying their mistakes like a dog.

Good show, Nokia. Truely. With all the water coming in, we were starting to wonder. Not that we didn't trust you could do it. The floating vests are ...uhmm... a joke. Yeah. That's it, haha. Kidding. No, I don't own an Android. Who told you that?

Please use plain text.
Sage
krishgetz

interesting how the N9 and Lumia use the same hardware, but the N9 can last at least a day with my usage.

My usgae patterns are
1) 1 hr+ of browsing
2) 4 hr + music
3) close to an hour of calls
4) facebook, twitter, rss feeds.

but its still not as good as my E7 which lasts a solid 2 days
Please use plain text.
Advisor
l3yl05

@Finsteve - thought you were gonna say your neighbour was calling when you didn't expect to be receiving calls and had your phone switched off as per one of Nokia's ridiculous pieces of advice for conserving battery :smileywink: !

From searching through the net as per previous advice looks like the 'antipodean resolution' may rescue us??!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SH4RKY

[ Edited ]

I love the randomness...

Recently i turned off the 3G and location, as to be fair, i was in a Wifi zone for practically my entire week so thought i would give it a bash.

It lasted about 30 hours with a days moderately heavy usage (chatting via messenger/text, internet searching, onenote usage, emails syncing 30 mins etc). I actually took it down to about 4% battery life in the end as i was away from a charger for quite a while.   For the amount i used it, i thoguht this was pretty decent.

Then I fully charged using wall socket, + a few hours exta. From this point i was using it less, but its idle power usage was halfed from my previous 2-3% an hour. it was at roughly 1%. After about 30 hours I was still on 65ish%!

Anyway, boosted it back up to 100% last night. Woke up this morning to find a very warm phone and a battery showing 27%. After 7 hours. Obviously something had become stuck or was looping. Odd. 3g is still off.

So just finished charing it. installed thed diag and checked the battery stats, my available cap was down to 1250ish =/
So following the tips from IMNdi, I restarted the phone and noticed the cap had gone back up to 1370.

Hopefully my 1% an hour will return!

I wonder what caused the surge over night...

Please use plain text.
nyemot

My lumpia 800 battery sucks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
forbiddenshani

One thing weird that i realized today and i believed it just started.

When i first bought the phone up until last Sunday, for every charge, my phone could at the very least took me 1 1/2 day before the "heart" sign comes up but yesterday, it only lasted for a day and my mobile data is turned off the entire day so it's safe to say, i'm only doing messaging and probably some phone calls

Hmm, why does the battery deteriorate so bad?

If after the much awaiting 11207 firmware update and the situation still remains the same, i'm briging it back.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Aslan93

@SH4RKY dont worry, such "looping" is no longer the case on the new software, ive tested it for a few days, and others whove had it for longer also confirm it. even with 3g on all the time in standby the phone only drops 1-2% with quite a few notification services.

Singapore are lucky to have had it released today so very soon (one week maybe) you'll have it too.
Most useful update from nokia so far, very nice improvements
Please use plain text.