Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 poor battery life

Sage

Re: Lumia 800 poor battery life

Also, apparently WP7 uses data connection instead of wifi when locked as it "uses less power"...I'm sorry but that's a complete lie. There's no sense in using data when there is a wifi right there in range, that makes no sense at all and in no way does wifi use more power than 3g.

This is something I have read a few places, so that might explain why the phone runs out of juice when not doing anything because 3g is being used. I hope that gets fixed.

Not only does it waste battery but wastes data allowance
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnl87

So did the Update come "bundled with 7740" or hasnt it been released yet? I have 7740 installed and havent been able to notice any real battery life improvement.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Those articles are only a few days old so I doubt it has been released yet.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnl87

I was thinking the same thing, but then I noticed one article saying it would come with the WP 7740 update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paul243

i've already made up my mind really disappointed with Nokia give them till monday if update not out taken back get my money back b4 7 days return policy 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rmnl

I'm having a very poor battery life as well. I thought my change from Apple's iPhone to a Nokia phone would bring me an improvement, but it's a lot worse, a lot :smileysad:

I'm actually avoiding the use of my telephone, because otherwise I won't make it back home and even if I hardly use it, I cannot get a day's life out of the battery. Very bad and this needs to be fixed otherwise, the phone is no good for me.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnl87

[ Edited ]

I have faith in the upcoming update and since in Germany you can return goods that excessively fall short on the company's indication I am not too worried at this moment (if the company fails to remove the defect 3 times).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
therealdeavo

Really surprised with the comments, not really had an issue, with"everything" on and frequent use I get a full day, I'm more surprised with people getting 3days from an N8!,  however, there is an update so maybe this will help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RobbyL89

I just switched over from a blackberry bold 9700, which would last me 2 days without charge. I am not impressed by the Lumia's battery life, if the update doesnt fix the issue soon i'll have to consider the iphone4s

Please use plain text.
Advisor
prowede

I heard the update of 7740 have some improvement in battery life. 

Anyone tried yet? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnl87

I havent noticed any substantial improvement in battery life since the 7740 update. The battery itself has gotten slightly better over the last 2 loading cycles though. It's still pretty weak.

Please use plain text.
Sage

It was only announced the other day it's not out yet i don't think
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

I like the lumia and have no real issues with the battery. I also have iphone 4s which like lumia lasts about 2 days on a full charge with moderate use..

Remember lumia is high end phone with lots of processes running in the background. I've found turning screen brightness down and running both options on battery save in settings has helped.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RajC

i just had similar problem with my Lumia 800... it was on full charge before i went out....made a  couple of calls, took a couple of pics. Wifi was swictched off....and after 1 hour, the phone went dead!!!

Couldn't even switch it back on after putting it back on charge again....completely dead!!!

Phone is running latest OS - 4470....which was meant to fix battery issues...

Rang Orange and they now sending me a replacement phone tomorrow.....Just hope its a one-off glitch and not gonna be a real issue with the replacement.....otherwise i might have to go for the Galaxy SII!!!

Lumia 800
Orange UK
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simonclark1986

I've got the same problem. I got my phone delivered on Friday morning and was told by the tech guy on the phone to let it charge for at least 10hours before first use. I did this.

Its now Sunday and ive had to recharge it twice already. Not impressed. 

Calling Orange tomorrow to ask them to sort something out, if not, its going back and ill buy another brand.

Such a shame, as the phone is great, and ive always had Nokia's. Looks like its game over for Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

just change it and then decide

Please use plain text.
Advisor

just realized that acording to the internal diagnostics tool, the battery operates on different parameters than in the spec. the battery BV-5JW should operate at 3,7V & 1.450mAh but it actually operates at 4V and when fully charged it shows just 1250mAh. so the overall Wattage seems to fit but at different voltage. don't know if this explains the reason of the low battery life...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mnl87

For me it shows:

Voltage                                       : ~3,67V

Current                                       : ~154mA

Full Charge Capacity               : 1511 mAh

Remaining Charge Capacity : 280mAh

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rmnl

For me it says:

Charged: 65535%
Voltage: ±3.85
Discharge: between ±160 mA and somtimes doubles to 320 mA
Full charge capacity: 1510mAh

Please use plain text.
Advisor

thx foir the feedback. can you also check what it displays immediately after fully charging it? mine shows only 1250mAh immediately after fully charged.

Please use plain text.