Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 question / file transfer

Contributor
SimStimF
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 question / file transfer

I must be and idiot but... I just cant find solution to my problem with Nokia Lumia 800.

I am working in a company and as a tool to work, I got this Lumia 800 device. I should work with this tool and example make, read, edit: docx / xlsx / PDF etc... files.

I just cant find easy way to transfer files from my computer to this device using either bluetooth, WLAN or USB-cable.... It looks like that only easy way to do it is to get this cloud service, what I cannot use because there is no one, who really can ensure security of that service.

There was some new update where you can send files between phones, using bluetooth. Can you use that with computer as well?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SimStimF

Re: Lumia 800 question / file transfer

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SimStimF

Tested and works. Problem solved.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SimStimF

mmmkay.... It did allow me to trasnfer files to phone but... It wont allow me to open them using Adobe Reader installed to device.

Noticed also other problem. I was writing an e-mail and was going to attach file in it... yes yes... Phone opens a window where I can choose, which pirture I want to attach... FFS... I want to add PDF file in it, not pictures.

What is wrong with this device.... Should I swap back to my old Nokia 9500 device, which does work atleast.

This is a bit fustrating... Any ideas anyone?

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

You cannot attach a pdf to an email on the 800. Apparently on Windows 8 phones you can get the pdf into Skydrive and email them from there. On 800 all you can do is look at them.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The transfer to Skydrive is one automatically by the PDF Reader app. All you have to do is to select to share by mail a particular pdf from the PDF Reader app. As you as you select this, you will be prompted to sign into your Skydrive account. Once you do, the file is automatically transferred and once done the email sending screen will appear on the dispaly to prompt you to enter email address and message to accompany the link to the pdf file. 

Please use plain text.