Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 random reboots

Malek23

Lumia 800 random reboots

Hi everyone,

I would like to share this problem i'm having with my lumia 800, and possibly see if someone has a solution to it.

After buying this phone from Orange in France a few days ago, it has been making random reeboots 10 to 15 times a day.  It could be when I'm writing a sms or using any app at any time, the phone just suddenly goes "au revoir" and reboots! Sometimes it does it twice or 3 times successively!

Hard resetting the phone so far hasn't done any good...

Is there any solution for this and is Nokia aware of the problem?! I really love my Lumia but I'm thinking of returning it and chosing another phone now...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Have a read of the thread below. Also worth trying another sim to see if it is a sim issue. 

/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-800-Battery-wifi-power-issue/m-p/1219881/highlight/true#M710

Please use plain text.
Malek23

[ Edited ]

thank you cjlim but i'm not having any issues with wifi... the phone works perfectly, it just reboots randomly which makes it very hard to use!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

There are a few posts in the middle of the thread about randon reboots which you shoudl read.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Malek23, did orange give you a new micro sim or did they (or you) cut down a standard sim to fit the phone?
Please use plain text.
Malek23

They gave me a new microsim

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Can you return to the shop and ask them if they can swap the sim for you? The most common cause of random reboots is a defective sim card, even though it's new it is possible that it is still the cause.

If you can't or won't do that then you should return the phone to the retailer for an exchange or contact Nokia care.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GlenThomas

I had this problem also. It was due to the sim card holder not being properly fastened in the slot, so when the sim card moves a tiny amount it causes the phone to reboot. It can be VERY difficult to get the sim holder securely into the slot. It took me a long time pushing it in and trying to slide it back into place. Eventually I managed to get it where it should be and it no longer moves at all and no more reboots.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crystal405

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have to support Malek23 here. I get random reboots on my lumia800 from time to time every day. Random means, it doesn't happen when I open a specific app or sth.

When it once happened, the phone gets in a reboot loop until it stops again out of the blue.

Often the battery status is around 50%.

My sim card is brandnew and was clearly declared as lumia800 compatible. I don't think all our simcards are broken or is the lumia800 somehow sensitive?

What should I do? It's weird to return the phone to the shop because I can't reproduce the issue on demand.

Greetings,

Jonas

PS: Without that bug, the lumia would be a kickass smartphone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mabushii

My nokia turns off randomly and I've to turn it on again, which gives me a bad experience while using it & also my battery even with a long charge it never passes above the 84% of charge.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GlenThomas

Make sure that your sim Card is firmly secured. The slightest movement of the sim will cause a reboot.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crystal405

[ Edited ]

And how should I do that? Tape the sim or sth?! :smileyindifferent:

If I shake my phone heavily, so that my sim card has to move a bit, the phone doesn't reboot. It makes me hard to believe it's the sim card then.

Dear Nokia support, are there any other reported solutions for this issue? I am not the only one if you look here or into other communities and perhaps there were similar issues in the beta testing? Maybe a hard reset is the solution? 

If not, what should I do? Write to the the support? Go to my shop and demand a new sim card or a new phone?

If it's really the sim, then please inform your partners, that the lumia 800 is sensitive about sim cards - so it's not a problem for me to explain the shop why I need a new one. 

Because if I go now, they are going to say something like "yeah, look: the sim works, it's brand new and extra for your phone - you can call sb, internet works, sms works. The sim card is ok."

First of all it would be enough if you say, that you realise and investigate this issue. I can live with random reboots a few weeks until you worked out some solution possibilities, but it's not a durable solution for 2 years.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheWarIsNotOver

I have the same problem, removed an inserted the microsim multiple times now. Haven't had the problem since, but that was just half a day ago.
Please use plain text.

Cool.  My phone was chain-rebooting this morning, but taking the microSIM out and putting it back in seems to have done the job.

Please use plain text.
Kastelic

Cyan Lumia 800 two days ago w/ brand new microSIM, had the same problem then most of you. It usually happened when usigng native email app. And it did not allow me to use my phone normally. Now that seems to have stopped for some reason. 

Despite the fact that problem might be SIM card holder, that should not be happening. Will wait couple of more days, it the problem is still occurs, I will take it back for replacement. 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheWarIsNotOver

Well, my phone rebooted again today... just like that.. Goodbye and booted it up again. Why does this happen? I've checked the simcard multiple times, it's in there... don't know what to do else...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
crystal405

No single reboot for me the last 3 days. Weird.

Please use plain text.
tonkanw

I got my phone yesterday, it has rebooted a total of 4 times since the first start.

I've tried reseating the SIM-card, I even put a small peice of paper behind the SIM

to keep it even more steady, worked for about 3-4 hrs, then rebooted again.

I don't know what to do next. My SIM-card is brand new, picked it up yesterday.

I doubt its the SIM-card though, since all of you guys have the exact same issue.

Would be great if Nokia could respond to this thread.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lomax_hjs

My Lumia with new mtv-mobile microsim also rebooted a few times, last time this morning. (got it last saterday)

A few times after a reboot one of my mail accounts couldnt log in anymore withe a 80004005 error. (gmail account or a personal account of our website).

Inserted the microsim again after reading this thread, we wait and see.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
crystal405

[quote]

I doubt its the SIM-card though, since all of you guys have the exact same issue.

Would be great if Nokia could respond to this thread.[/quote]

+1

and:

I got 2 random reboots again yesterday after 3 days of normal behaviour.

Please use plain text.