Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800, rapid discharge of the battery

Advisor
boot0user
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800, rapid discharge of the battery

Hello!

My Lumia 800 has been a rapid discharge of the battery. When viewing the Battery Status of Nokia Diagnostics at this point the current consumption is about 250 mA. However, no background tasks has been started; Wi-Fi, BT, 3G has also been disabled. Cure the switching off and on the smartphone. In normal mode, the current consumption is about 70 mA.

So, there are the questions: Can it be because of busy tasks that do not appear in the list of background tasks? Maybe some application not properly completed and continues to "load" my smartphone? How can I track this applications? What can i do in this case (except for the on / off the smartphone)?

P.S. Lumia 800 I really like, but such situations are highly upset.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

What battery life are you getting from your phone? As long as battery life is reasonable, you should not be too worried about occassional high readings when you check the diagnostic because you could have just woken the phone after a period of unuse. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
boot0user

The average battery life of my smartphone is about 3 days. The incident happened after I forgot to turn off the charger at night. Morning disconnected from charging and the battery is discharged to 40% on the day. In this case, the current consumption was 250 mA. As soon as I switch off / on the smartphone, I have restored the previous consumption of ~ 70 mA.

P.S. Before that, my child ran a few games and left them in the background. Before charging, I closed them. Maybe some of the games was remained hanging in the memory?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

3 days? That great for any smartphone. I get between 2-3 days myself. Like I said earlier, I would not be too worried about the occassional power spike as long as the overall power consumption is fine. Probably the phone preforming some systen routines in the background or perhaps synching emails and is normal. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
boot0user

[ Edited ]

Such a great battery life is because 95% of the time I spend only for a few calls, SMS and calendar. Wi-Fi switched on for 5 minutes per day to synchronize e-mail and calendar events with computer.

The strange thing is that consumption does not fall within 5 hours (until my intervention).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sajid1212

i got lumia 800 and just after one month its battery gone dead, not even picked up by pc no software working. its just like a stone. sent to nokia care centre but nothing could be achieved. if any one can do that i can send the set to him, if any one can help me. thanks 

Please use plain text.