Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 ringertone problem

Counsellor
fawaz_ayad
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 ringertone problem

I updated my lumia to the latest firmware.

Have a prob:smileyindifferent:lem

The volume level when the phone rings for the first 1-2 seconds jumps to max. then a pauses and then comes down to what was set.

Why is that?

Please use plain text.
daryl85

I am having the same problem, my ringer is at only 5 but when someone called it ring max for the 1-2 secs before going back to the volume i set , its too loud when i am in office.

. Please advise
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your posts on this.

We are aware of this, and we are investigating the case.

Nevertheless, the ring tone volume adjusts itself automatically after the first 2 seconds to normal level.

To silence an incoming call, press the volume key when a call arrives.

I know this isn't an ideal solution but its a temporary work around for the time being.

This is being looked into and I will feedback any possible solution as soon as I get one.

Thanks for your patience on this.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fawaz_ayad

Thanks duke

Nice to hear that you guys are aware about it.

the solution you have provided is not practical, before i press the volume key to make the phone silence the ring tone has come back to normal. :smileytongue:

Anyway hope you guys will find a soultion. 

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Guys,

Try this, what is the current volume set at?

Try setting the ringing volume anything above 10 and then see if you still experience the same issue.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

Don't get me wrong please - I really do love my Lumia 800. But this bug is actual dangerous. I was listening to music with my Purity in-ear headphones the other day volume set to 6 or 7 when a call was coming in and it jumped to full volume. This does really hurt and I think there is real danger to hurt my ears. I know that setting the volume to 14 or above will help, but for me that’s too loud to listen to music via my headphones.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fawaz_ayad

My ring volume is 15 still the problem is there.

I tried from 1 to 30 no change.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fawaz_ayad

Duke,

The problem Chris has faced is very bad one.

It can damage your hearing.

So i think this will need urgent attention. 

Nokia should officialy inform the users who are having this problem not to use the handsfree untill the problem is solved.

rgds.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

fawaz_ayad wrote:

My ring volume is 15 still the problem is there.

I tried from 1 to 30 no change.

That's intressting. For me this happens only with volume set to below 14.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fawaz_ayad

That answer was for dukes question.

sorry.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

@ Raoul .... 

+1 >> The ringer issue seems to kick-in below 14. When set to 14 or above, the ringtone plays as expected...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

@Duke

Any news about this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fawaz_ayad

I did a hard reset.

now the issue is not there when ringer volume is above 14.

anyway hope nokia will give a good solution for this...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aussieAxe

Also having this problem on brand new Telstra Lumia 800.

Please fix ASAP, as this is embarrasing in the office (where I spend 50% of my day) and rude in meetings (where I spend the other 50% of my day!).  By the time 1-2 seconds is finished, the everyone is looking at you.

Not a good way to draw attention to your newest product Nokia!

Please use plain text.
giordy

Hello, I have the same issue with 800 black (Vodafone IT) and latest firmware .12070.

Indipendently to default ringtone level, first ring is too loud.

Please fix as soon as possible.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FrcQta

Hello, I have to the same problem with 800 black (Vodafone) and latest firmware .12070.
It was to reinforce the situation because it is not a very pleasant situation. Really the  first ring is too loud.

Best regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

@: You promised to update us on the volume bug issue. Now the update seems to roll out globally and we still haven't heard back from you :-(

Any news here about when/how this is going to be addressed?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@chris800

Hi,

I don't recall making any promises but rather and I quote "I will feedback any possible solution as soon as I get one."

Unfortunately I still haven't got any feed back on this other than the fact this issue is known and being worked on.

In the meantime as a temporary work around try setting the volume to above 14. I know its not ideal but at this time until a further update is available it is a temporary fix.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
Please use plain text.
TheFistvan

Really annoying, but I've just created a custom ringtone with no sound in the first two sec :smileyhappy: NOKIA helps me being creative. Thank you :smileyhappy:))))))

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

Raoul_Duke wrote:
@chris800

Hi,

I don't recall making any promises but rather and I quote "I will feedback any possible solution as soon as I get one."

Unfortunately I still haven't got any feed back on this other than the fact this issue is known and being worked on.

In the meantime as a temporary work around try setting the volume to above 14. I know its not ideal but at this time until a further update is available it is a temporary fix.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

Thanks - that's what I refered to!

Please use plain text.