Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 ringertone problem

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Will keep you guys posted on this!
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

Fantastic idea - thanks very much!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Drof87

Post .12070 update, the excessive volume problem also happens with the charging chime (plugging in the charger).

It is extremely loud (to the point of speaker vibration - way too loud) at 7 and below.

At 8 and above and it behaves at the level you would expect.

Anyone else got this?

1991...........................................................................................................................................................2013
1610 • 5110 • 3210 • 8210 • 8310 • 7210 • 6230 • 6630 • N80 • N70 • N73 • N958GB • N900 • Lumia 800 • Lumia 820
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

Drof87 wrote:

Post .12070 update, the excessive volume problem also happens with the charging chime (plugging in the charger).

It is extremely loud (to the point of speaker vibration - way too loud) at 7 and below.

At 8 and above and it behaves at the level you would expect.

Anyone else got this?

Yes, it seem to affect all audio effects that normally should fade in. I experience this even in some games that suddenly jump to full volume for a second or two.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

TheFistvan wrote:

Really annoying, but I've just created a custom ringtone with no sound in the first two sec :smileyhappy: NOKIA helps me being creative. Thank you :smileyhappy:))))))

Thanks again for the tip. However, be careful when listening to music and get an imcoming call. It's not only the ringtone that gets set to full volume, but also the music.

Nevertheless it helps if you don't listen to music and get a call :-)

Please use plain text.
sparkymark75

This also seems to affect if you put the phone on silent/vibrate. It vibrates for the same time as the phone rings at max volume for, but then fails to vibrate for the duration the phone is ringing for, resulting in missed calls.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Drof87

I reverted my firmware back to .11500 and the volume problem has followed it. How can that be?

Bloody annoying now. Even a volume change with an in-game option cause the max volume at level 5.

Crazy.

Is this just a Lumia problem or a WP7.5 problem?

1991...........................................................................................................................................................2013
1610 • 5110 • 3210 • 8210 • 8310 • 7210 • 6230 • 6630 • N80 • N70 • N73 • N958GB • N900 • Lumia 800 • Lumia 820
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chris800

Raoul_Duke wrote:
Will keep you guys posted on this!

Finally it looks like 12072 is starting to roll out to Vodafone customers - what about unbranded Nokia phones?

Please use plain text.
qchow

I've just purchased my Nokia Lumia 800 and immediately updated to firmware 12072. I'm thankfully not experiencing the ringertone problems as discussed so far on this board...

... But I am having a problem with my Alarm ringer _always_ ringing at maximum volume. It does this regardless of the volume I set (from 0 to 30), and it does not subside (it continues at maximum volume beyond 2 seconds). The Alarm ringer also rings at maximum volume when I've turned the Ringer off under Settings.

Again, this is quite disruptive and possibly dangerous (as I'm accustomed to sleeping with my phone, with the alarm on, on the table near my head!).

Are any others experiencing this issue?

Phone Specifics:

Nokia Lumia 800

Vodafone Australia

Firmware revision number ...12072

Hardware revision number 112.1402.2.4

(PS Apologies if what I've posted belongs under another, or in its own, topic. Happy to move it elsewhere if advised.)

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@qchow

Hi,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the Nokia discussion forums.

Just to advise this is the normal functioning of the alarm on the Lumia and the volume cannot be adjusted like a lot of phone's with there standard alarms.

If you want an alarm with an adjustable volume you can check a 3rd party application on the marketplace if you do a search for alarms.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
qchow

Thanks, Raoul_Duke, for the tip.

For the record, I find the single-volume alarm an annoyance, not a feature. Fortunately there's plenty of other things to love about my 800 :smileyhappy:

I guess I could also work around this by making custom, quieter / ascending ringtones...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fawaz_ayad

Atlast, Nokia rolled out a minor firmware update.1.2 1600.2487.8107.12072.

Problems Solved.

GreatJob Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
snohcs

When will the fix be rolled out?
Please use plain text.
pgrilo

Hi,

I have the same problem !   

What is the solution ?

Please use plain text.
pgrilo

Hi, where can i get taht update ??

Best regards!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Drof87

Connect up your phone and open Zune.

Check updates.

Please use plain text.
pgrilo

Hi Drof87
Thanks for your response, but i only have havailable :
Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 800 is SW 1600.2487.8107.12070
Please use plain text.
gaboLPX

Hi, I have the same volumen bug, but I don't find the update to 12072 in zune, I live in Bolivia, and anyone know how the policy for the countries that are not on the official website update

Tanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jatinsareen

Why i m not select my own ringtone
Please use plain text.