Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 unstable to the point of being unusa...

abigsmurf

Lumia 800 unstable to the point of being unusable

Last night, went to look at my phone only to be greated by a screen full of static before turning itself off. After that it would turn on for a few seconds, display some green stripes on the screen before shutting itself off. Did eventually get it to switch on again after charging it for ages through a PC (wouldn't charge through the mains)

However now it's near unusable. It seems to work initially but if I leave it for more than 5 minutes, the touchscreen stops responding and I can't unlock it (does seem to recognise the initial touch but doesn't recognise it for more than a fraction of a second). It'll remain like this until I restart it.

Also had it crash a few times like this (screen full of static, followed by some green bars, then it turns itself off).

Is my phone in need of an RMA?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

Re: Lumia 800 unstable to the point of being unusable

abigsmurf wrote:

Is my phone in need of an RMA?

Doesn't sound like an OS problem, sounds like a hardware problem. Something damaged in there. So yeah, I'd put it in for an RMA

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Lumia 800 unstable to the point of being unusable

You could try a hard reset before doing anything else, if no better take to Nokia Care Point !

http://www.ukmobilereview.com/manufacturers/m-nokia/reset-nokia-lumia-800/

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.