I have updated my Nokia Lumia 800 yesterday to the latest software version via Windows Phone Connector for Mac. It now shoes firmware version 1750.0823.8858.12460, but OS version 7.10.8779.8 (it is a French Nokia, operator Orange)
I have noticed very few changes (showing that an update happened):
- logo of the marketplace changed, new apps available (share by bluetooth for instance)
- possibility to change the default search engine in internet explorer to Google
- possibilty to create contact groups
- new wall paper images
but, and that's what's annoying:
- not possible to resize tiles. Long press only enables me to delete the tile, as before
- no new color theme (just background dark or light, can't say whether it was already present before)
- no auto-changing Bing wallpaper option.
I have been looking all over the web but it seems I am the first personn to experience this weird issue. Any help?
Thanks for the support.
well, i dunno. I have updated as told, only once (I mean, I plugged, launch the update, and unplugged when finished).
Although, I have seen twice the update logo with the download-in-progress bar during the process, maybe it updated 2/3 parts? how to get the third one then?
Carrier: Orange - v202.11
Software: Windows Phone 7.5
OS version: 7.10.8779.8
Firmware revision number: 1750.0823.8858.12460
Hardware revision number: 112.1402.2.4
Bootloader version: 22.214.171.124
Can anyone tell me when this update is happening in Australia and through Telstra?
I have been checking but have no update?? My phone says it is up to date?
carrier: Telstra 219.07
Software: Windows ohone 7.5
Os version 7.10.8773.98
i decided to try to force the update with Zune on Windows, the trick to disconnect right after clicking on update...
well it worked for me after few attemps! A "new software is available for you phone" was displayed, I launched the process, and all was successful!
but... i'm still running 7.5... with 7.8 capabilities (see the first post in this thread).
I will wait for more now...