Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 visible as a hard drive on your PC?

Cutter3

Lumia 800 visible as a hard drive on your PC?

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to get to see the Lumia 800 as a hard drive on your PC?

This seems sensible to me.

This is the first smert phone I've ever had; and - it's just that!   Far too smart for me!! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Lumia 800 visible as a hard drive on your PC?

AFAIK you can't use it as a flash drive. They have gone the apple way and everything needs to be done with the Zune software. Pretty easy though once you have set it up first time with what folders you want't to sync from etc..
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadicoool

[ Edited ]

Try this link.... It somewhat solves the issue:

MODERATORS NOTE: Links/References to illegal software has been removed. Discussion of illegal third party software is not allowed on the forums as it could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty. Please do not discuss or distribute illegal software on the official Nokia forums.

Please use plain text.
Sage
r2504

[ Edited ]

Just Google on "windows phone mass storage" and you should find the required registry settings.

BTW... Microsoft is even much worse than Apple...you can at least jailbreak an iPhone !

Please use plain text.
Sage
TheBigM

I recommend as a novice you don't do such things.
For your music, videos, photos - use with zune software to put these onto the phone. This is also the software used to update the phone.
www.zune.com

For other data e.g. documents you can email it or upload it to your skydrive account - skydrive.live.com
Please use plain text.