Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 won't connect to our exchange server...

Counsellor
aadicoool

Re: Lumia 800 won't connect to our exchange server- Certificate error

It is infact the root certificate... And the certificate is good... Works for WinMo 6.1 too... just not on windows mango.... its turning out to be a lemon... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
beardiyatolome

I have the same problem. With or without certificates the nokia lumia 800 cannot connect to a webmail server. I talked to Nokia in the US and they have talked to Microsoft and as of yet there is no solution. My Sony expria x10 can connect so I know nothing is wrong. I think Microsoft have dropped a clanger but I don't when they will fix the problem until then I will take my nokia back to the orange shop, who at the moment are saying it's not their problem as they only supply the network.

Please use plain text.
peterungerer

Hello,

I have the same problem. The Comodo certificate works on the SBS2011 and the laptops, but not on the Lumia 800. It installs successful on the Lunia 800. Nokia should give more hints on the phone why the certificate does not work.

beardiyatolome wrote:

I have the same problem. With or without certificates the nokia lumia 800 cannot connect to a webmail server. I talked to Nokia in the US and they have talked to Microsoft and as of yet there is no solution. My Sony expria x10 can connect so I know nothing is wrong. I think Microsoft have dropped a clanger but I don't when they will fix the problem until then I will take my nokia back to the orange shop, who at the moment are saying it's not their problem as they only supply the network.

Please use plain text.
peterungerer

Hello,

it would be helpful if a Nokia expert would get involved in this discussion. How do you test if it a problem on exchange and how on the Lumia 800 ?

Please use plain text.
peterungerer

[ Edited ]

so I finally got it working:

1) change the new certicates to *.cer format

2) mail them to ****

3) click on them and they install.

4) Press the start button 12 sec and let the Lumia recycle.

5) Create a user paul test at your SBS, we use SBS 2011 

6) Use the following

Username: paultest

Password: paultest

Domain: mydomain without .com or .de

server: remote.yourdomain.de

ssl:smileysurprised:n

Protokoll: off.

I hope this helps.

Moderator's Note: Personal details removed. We kindly ask you not to share your phone number publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
peterungerer

PS:

The Certificate must have remote.yourdomain.de in Ausgestellt für: = written for:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brownsmart

Hi guys, i struggled with this for a very long time, its because we are entering the details in the "domain" field. it should be the netbios name or the dns name of your network.

i have a guide on my website for more details. http://brownsmart.co.uk/setting-up-windows-phone-7-for-outlook-exchange-2010/ 

Please use plain text.
Pekkapee

Hi, same problem. I did as you said, but still  don't work. My problem seems to be the installation of the sertificate. I see it attached in live-mail, but can't install it. How did you install the sertificate in phone, how can i "save it"? When I clik it, it says just "downloading", nothing else. Trying again, it says "can't open, there's no application for it". Sertificate should be ok, becaus I use it with OWE.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
uccfar

Any work around??????
Thanks Mr brownsmart for the tutorials.
It did not work for me though :smileysad:
Nokia pls help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trancendance

Quite right, if you are using one of the CA's that isn't on the trusted list for Windows Phone you will need to get the root CA certificate from your network admin (hopefully you!), and email it to a third party email account (such as hotmail) and install it on your phone. Most likely you will have to reboot your phone before it starts working...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trancendance

I should mention that in order for it to work, all three ticks that would appear valid in IE need to be ticks. Your certificate needs to be in date, from a trusted CA AND the certificate (if not a wildcard or san cert) needs to match exactly the machine name the phone thinks its connecting to. So, for example, if your servers activesync/outlook anywhere external names are myserver.mydomain.com but the actual server is exchange.mydomain.com, then the certificate needs to be for myserver.mydomain.com.

Of course, if it is just you, you can always change the external name to match your certificate name. Chances are its not just you though!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

You're last requirment is most likely the problem. The connection you put in needs to match exactly to the certficate. ....ie....if the certificate says mail.server.com then you need to enter mail.server.com not server.com. And of course, whatever the certificate says it needs to resolve.

Windows Phone 7 is not forgiving in working with "wrong/mal formed" certificates, for security purposes it wants it to be exact.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pufrust

Thank you so much this worked. Your example is super. I always tried remote.mydomain.de.mysbs2011. After all Nokia is asking for a server name.  remote.mydomain.de worked afte a days work trying to fix this.

Please use plain text.