Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 won't sync to Vista PC

Advisor
Scratch
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 won't sync to Vista PC

Hi

I'm stuck, I keep getting the following error trying to sync the Lumia 800 to my laptop using Zune.  Both the lumia and the laptop have the latest versions of software etc, zune has only just been installed, and says there are no updates available, and the phone installed 2 updates when first connected, and now also says up to date.

I have previously connected the phone to a win 7 PC (but that has dieD so is in pieces currently), but I am now looking to use this Vista laptop to backup the pictures etc from the phone.

I'm even using a genuine Nokia usb cable to connect it.  Ive rebooted both the phone and computer and the error stays the same.

However I get the following error when it tries to sync:

CAN'T SYNC

An error occured when trying to connect to the server.  The security information from the server couldn't be validated.

To see if there is more information about this error, click web help.

Error code

C00D11E4 (800C000E)

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Lumia 800 won't sync to Vista PC

Hi Scratch,

Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

Please follow this link, it should offer a solution to your problem. Simply follow the step by step troubleshoot process.

I hope this helps!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Scratch

Thanks for that, have given it a try, but it did not work, as it does not list my error cosde, when I get to the pick error code stage.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Scratch

OK after a bit more ferreting about, I found some strange things going ion in the user file structure. So copied out all the files into a backup drive. Blitzed the user account and setup a new one. restored all the files, and reconnected the phone and everything worked, the Lumia 800 has now synced and backed it's files up on to the laptop.
Please use plain text.
Makourian

Hi I have exactly the same problem except recognises videos but not photos, lack knowledge to anything major tried going into regedit but to no avail as a thought there maybe a problem with ULEAD, really having a problem with this and sending me made....Please please help

Mak

Please use plain text.