Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 800 wont power on or charge

Registered Member
BirdieBirdar

The post about sitting on it whilst charging it from a computer works! After 4 days of my  Nokia Lumia 610 being a lifeless, unchargeable black brick, I took the advice on here and after it failed to repond to soft reset and hard reset, I gave up and sat on it. The critically low battery sign comes up now. Think it worked because the laptop usb output voltage is 5V, much higher than the **bleep** Nokia main charger. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
furtle

[ Edited ]

We have a two Lumia phones in the house.   The 800 is dead.   Windows phones so all the contacts are on the phone not the sim.

Nothing revives the 800.   

I WILL NEVER BUY A NOKIA AGAIN.    Their phones are now trash.   The last great phone was the Finnish built Symbidian communicatior.    The move to Windows and China build has is a disaster.

Just get an Android phone.  Cheap and they work.

Nokia, really, what are you doing ?  Driving all you loyal followers away.

I'm now gone, so is everyone I know.

Well done for **bleep**ing up a great company

Moderator's Note: We have moved your post and changed the title. This is to keep the forum organized and let other forum users easily see and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dzodzo

[ Edited ]

my lumia 800 is just vibrating when you put it on the charger only. I now donw know what to do or what the problem is. Please help

Moderator's Note: We have moved your post and changed the title. This is to keep the forum organized and let other forum users easily see and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lumia800hater

[ Edited ]

I have a Lumia 800, my third Nokia phone in a row. However, I can't re-boot it even after having tried all of the options posted on this discussion forum.

Shame on you Nokia.

NOKIA, this is an absolute disgrace & you have just lost another 2 customers as I & my partner will never ever consider purchasing a NOKIA phone again.

Well done.

Please use plain text.
JMC_

[ Edited ]

Try the advice below

Unplug and replug the phone to the cord that's connected to the charger (this is a recommendation from Nokia itself regarding the problem of phone won't charge). When it does work, you'll notice about a second or two after you replug it the phone would vibrate. When it does, just leave for a few seconds and it should switch itself back on or at least show the level of charge of the battery.

- Pressing the power button for 8 seconds will restart the power cycle (according to Nokia). So that also could work.
- After charging with no screen, disconnect lead and press and hold power for 8 seconds

Please use plain text.
opalbladex

[ Edited ]

aloneatcee wrote:

Nokia lumia 800 went dead during update. Battery was charged. I have tried hard reset, soft reset, charging with a high amp charger (ipad), plugging to laptop, warming it, plugging / unplugging usb. I dont think i have missed out anything. It does vibrate some times when power button is kept pressed for a while, but then nothing happens. Stuck with it. Good phone but now I hate having bought it as it is not a cheap phone and is still new.

If anybody has any other options then please do share. Thanks. Oh yes, I am at sea now so I cant take it to nokia.

Hi I have exactly the same problem at the moment (wasn't doing update), had similar previously but only when battery went flat. Just letting you know your not alone. Has been good phone, but cost a lot and is only 18months old. Friends with 3,4,4,6 year old Iphones have never had this sort of problem. If I find solution I'll get back to you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zuksville

[ Edited ]

my lumia 800 won't start and  i have tried all the reset patterns i can think and read of. but to no help at all..so sad right now.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

[ Edited ]

Hi opalbladex and zuksville,

Welcome to the forum! :cathappy:

Just to verify, did something happen to your Lumia 800 prior to this? Did you download or install any particular app on it before the issue started?

For @opalbladex, have you also tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned by @aloneatcee? Did you also try charging the phone with another compatible wall charger or USB cable to further isolate the issue?

To  @zuksvillehave you also tried the steps provided by @Kosh shown here: Message 11 - My Lumia 800 won't turn on anymore.

If everything has been tried and nothing worked, it's best to visit the local Nokia Care Point to have the phone evaluated. This link will lead you to the Nokia global support page: Way Finder - Nokia.

Note: The repair process will include reflashing the phone's SW, which erases all your phone's data. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. :catvery-happy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
once

OK- Same problem as everyone else, and I...

plugged into outlet for 20 min., didn't work.

plugged into pc 20 min., didn't work.

Took out battery, SIM card, and microSD card, plugged into pc, held down power button.

unplugged, put in battery, plugged back in.

Got charging signal IMMEDIATELY!!!

waited till I got the lock screen, powered off, unplugged, put everything back in, plugged, and powered back on.  

I haven't lost anything, so no reset occurred...  I'm not tech savvy, and I'm aware that half of those steps were probably uneccessary, but I'm guessing it might have been taking out the SIM card that did it.  Or maybe the battery.  Idk.  I have a feeling this could be a reproducible solution, though, if only because people have gotten inconsistent results with less extensive measures.  

Anyway, seems like a solution, and I hope this works for some other people!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lauren1997

[ Edited ]

I've had this same problem and have also tried everything

Please use plain text.
playfulangel14

[ Edited ]

Hi, Lauren1997.

Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions Forum! :Cool:

Were you able to try to use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool? If you haven't, you may try to download it, and use it for your phone. You may download it from here: Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

Let us know if this one helps you out.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
madness1

my lumia 800 died... it was charging when i was in maps an then the phone turned off... i turned it on and went to maps again... then it turned off again. i tried to turned it on again but it vibrated 2 times and nothing... now it wont turn on, wont charge and my pc wont detect it ...i don't know what to do ... i tried all button combinations but it is stil wont turn on .... any ideas how to bring it to life?

Please use plain text.
RonaldvdStad

Frozen screen, Black screen?
Phone not vibrating when charging?
Buttons not responding, even not to hard and soft reset commands?

Pull out battery, wait 30 seconds, put back in and enjoy.

Lumia's with non replacable battery are a faulty design as there is no manual disconnect switch for battery from feeding the circuit.
The only option is to let it run empty or risk losing warranty by opening the case and...remove battery.

I reported this issue 2 years ago directly to Nokia support and by review and I specified that it is a design mistake.
I'm using Lumia 820 as I send my 920 back after experiencing this issue.
Please use plain text.
fosnl

Remove the battery? - How???

Please use plain text.
ghoststrong1

how did you do that

once wrote:

OK- Same problem as everyone else, and I...

plugged into outlet for 20 min., didn't work.

plugged into pc 20 min., didn't work.

Took out battery, SIM card, and microSD card, plugged into pc, held down power button.

unplugged, put in battery, plugged back in.

Got charging signal IMMEDIATELY!!!

waited till I got the lock screen, powered off, unplugged, put everything back in, plugged, and powered back on.  

I haven't lost anything, so no reset occurred...  I'm not tech savvy, and I'm aware that half of those steps were probably uneccessary, but I'm guessing it might have been taking out the SIM card that did it.  Or maybe the battery.  Idk.  I have a feeling this could be a reproducible solution, though, if only because people have gotten inconsistent results with less extensive measures.  

Anyway, seems like a solution, and I hope this works for some other people!

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions, ghoststrong1 and fosnl! The Nokia Lumia 800 uses a non-removable battery. Thus, trying to remove it may cause further harm to the phone and it will void your its warranty. Have you tried the suggestion posted by playfulangel14? If the issue remains, the best course of action is to take it to a Nokia Care point for an evaluation and repair: www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/.

Please note that any form of discussion about disassembling of Nokia parts is not allowed in the forum.

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cathylucas

didnt work for me, i have been having this problem for more than a week now, i have tried the soft/hard reset and no response. once i plug on the fone, it vibrates but doesnt come up. Nokia should please address this
Please use plain text.
fosnl

@tiny_chef 

The supposed solution from playfulangel14 is not working - I don't think it will even work with others in this issue:

The Recovery tool shows: "The selected phone is not supported by Nokia Software Recovery tool" 

Reading further I see that the tool only can 'repair' unresponsive phone with Windows Phone 8 ... and the Lumia 800 is running version 7.x!

So now what?

Please use plain text.
Mustacho

Nokia.. disconnecting people.
The damage is done :smileysad: happened to my phone exactly the same as everyone describes. There's 1 thing i don't really get. How can this happen to various Nokia Lumia models in your product portfolio? Just to be a bit "unpolite"I decided to reply to this post using my old samsung galaxy which still works, even though the screen is totally cracked (reason why i bought lumia) and backcover missing. I once had great experience using Nokia phones, but that was in the early 2000. I am done trying to find a solution for this, what more can I say? you learn from mistakes :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Mustacho

ohhh by the way. I havn't tried to sit on the phone while charging.. Looks like that solution could fix the problem, in such case I think Nokia would be the only manufacturer on the market with this patent.
Please use plain text.