Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 800 wont power on or charge

Registered Member
fifi7

Re: Lumia 800 wont power on or charge

I got my nokia lumia a few months ago love it moved from a blackberry bold but just after i got it it would'nt seem to power on when the battery died after a few hours of charging it eventually powered on then it will just turn off if im listening to music even if its a full charge on the battery n won't turn back on again this time I can't get it back on at all i think its a disgrace reading this thread and nokia are not owing up to error of the handset I will not pay to get my phone fixed but rather take legal action there is a lot of prove here on this page to realise who is at fault here! Have lost my faith in nokia and my family will not use your phones again either a lot of customers lost!

Please use plain text.
St_Christopher

Same issue. My Nokia Lumia 800 won't charge/power on. 

I had my original handset for 3 months (with only occasional issues of it closing down and having to power back up) and a couple of soft resets. Then last week the phone switched off and I couldn't get it to power back up or charge at all - tried direct to a power source or by usb connect to a computer. Nothing. Hard or soft resets didn't work either.

I got a replacement phone from my network and that lasted half a day before the same issue. Phone dead and wouldn't power up - despite trying all of the suggestions.

Got another replacement handset today and can't even get this one to power on - despite hours of charging. I only agreed to a replacement handset because my network provider wouldn't let me change for a different make. If it's still not working by tomorrow, I'll be demanding a different make and model as this is my business phone and I already missed out on work because of this.

Very disappointed that there is no satisfactory solution to be found here. If anyone has found one - please let me know. I've been very happy with Nokia phones in the past, but this experience has left me very dissatisfied and frustrated. I would stick with the phone if it would work without these issues (as I do like the phone itself when it is on and I've been a loyal nokia phone user for many years). If not, I'll be looking elsewhere (to Apple or Samsung probably - any suggestions??)... As this experience is totally unacceptable!

I know it's not my charger that's at fault - as it works on my sisters Nokia Lumia 800. My sim works on her phone too hence me receiving all my missed calls and messages the past week. Did I just get a dud? (3 times?). Judging by this forum, I suspect not! 

Extremely disappointed and disgruntled nokia user. Nokia should take notice and do something about this before it starts to lose many new (and old, loyal) customers.

Please use plain text.
SourceBase

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me...

I've been using a Nokia Lumia 800 for about 3 months now, and everything worked fine untill yesterday.

I was sitting on a chair with my lumia in my pocket, but when I tried to check the time on my lumia I realised it was turned off while the battery was charged for more than half of the total %.

For some reason I couldn't turn the phone on, so I decided to go and sleep with the lumia charging. 

This morning I tried again to boot the phone, but nothing happened....

Can someone help me please?

SourceBase

Moderator's Note: We have moved your post and changed the title. This is to keep the forum organized and let other forum users easily see and respond to this post.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HemantKumar

[ Edited ]

go to the nokia care they will definitely solve ur problem...

Moderator's Note: We have moved your post and changed the title. This is to keep the forum organized and let other forum users easily see and respond to this post.

Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cheesyramya

uufffff....:Huh: after hours of struggle my phone turned on by facing the same old problem....

Please use plain text.
battlegimp

Mine has done it about 5 times since April.

Usually I can do a soft reset holding down the keys, pluging / unplugging, then it eventually comes back to life.

This time it just wouldn't reset. I got the initial big vibrate, then the next vibrate would cut off, like the power had died. I found if it was connected to my Mac, the mounted storage would also disconnect suddenly giving a warning. After a few attempts, this then corrupted my phone and it appeared as 'NO NAME'. So I lost all my data.

I just did a full hard reset and it's come back to life.

I hate the fact I can now lose everything again with no warning. I've kind of lost confidence in the device now :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
VigilantTomWard

To whom it may concern,

I have had this on and off since I got the phone.

While I am not entirely sure what I do I seem to be able to get the phone to turn back on by doing the following in no particulare order.

1. lengthy charging

2. moving the charging between USB to PC and USB to power point

3. holding the power button for several seconds and waiting for it to vibrate

I did all of the above, particularly 2. and 3 as I say I can not be certian of the order, but this has worked for me, as a lot of other posters have said you need to be patient.

Thank you.

Tom Ward

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottrb

This is exactly what's happening to me, after doing a hard reset for ten seconds, I get a long buzz, then a quick buzz, and then nothing!

I've been using a blackberry charger for two-three hrs now, battery's lovely and warm, but it still won't turn on..!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GChand1996

this is just the way we should handle things with them.....(Y)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GChand1996

Try changing when your battery saver option displayed on your phone
and keep checking for like 5 minutes and if it shows increase in battery life then good its charging (Y)
and if not better go to nokia and shout at them for making such phone with problems like these
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OldMaid

[ Edited ]

Well, i have had my brand new Nokia for 8 days, had to charge it 3 times, and now it won't switch on at all.

Moderator's notes: irrelevant information removed. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TWIGGIERTASHA

I have tried all of the suggestions on here and still nothing. my phone was working fine until about 23;45 last night when it powered off i tried to charge it but nothing happened. i pressed the power but about three times before i finally got a vibration i thought that it would be fine but then it did not power to life. this morning i have tried to charge it and still nothing i have tried to charge it by the usb and still nothing. the phone is currently on charge with a non nokia charger. 

do you have any other suggestions that are useful?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TWIGGIERTASHA

i am going to try this and see what happens
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
big_andy

i am having same problem , 1st told it could be the charger so went and purchased a genuine charger to replace the original charger , this didn't work ,so they said try another one so i purchased another charger but still no joy its been 3 days of trying and now it looks like its a bricked noika as it keep going on the start up loop,

COME ON NOKIA SORT IT BEFORE YOU DO MORE DAMAGE TO THE NOKIA BRAND .

sbawari wrote:

Hi,

Based on the messages here, I am not sure if someone from Nokia is actually responding on this thread. But i am making a last ditch effort to save my phone -

3 days ago, i charged my phone for a bit but when i woke up in the morning, it was completely dead. I have tried everything - Nokia chargers, Non Nokia chargers, PC charging, direct power charging (even left it for 20 hours), Plugging/unplugging while charging) body heat to kick start, left it next to my pc fan, rubbed it - everything that people suggested has worked for them. But, my phone is still dead. Just doesnt show any life.

The only time something happens is when i connect/disconnect it to my pc - it makes a ting sound, like when it discovers an external device. But Zune doesnt launch - so basically no activity on the phone front.

My phone was a gift and is not in warranty. The Nokia Care says it will cost me 250$ for them to open and check what's wrong - which makes no sense to me.

Nokia moderators - any suggestions on what to do? Except of course to use the phone as coasters.

A dissappointed user.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TWIGGIERTASHA

my patients is beginning to where thin... when i trying turning the phone on it doesnt even virbrate omg i need help!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vickylouise1991

this has happened to me also, i have tried 2 chargers, after reading that people have tried to plug into a comp or laptop i have done this and left it and after about 5-15 mins it vibrates and comes up with the battery with the red bar screen so fingers crossed now!
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

As my Lumia 800 is very much a spare phone I hadn't been using it or checking what it's battery was doing recently and it was switched off anyway, but clearly I must have let it go past the point of no return. Now it's a dead black box, won't charge, won't turn on, no vibration when it's plugged in. I'm using the mains charger it came with but no sign of life.
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Well it took longer than I'd have expected but is now alive again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
3bodd

[ Edited ]

Hello every body,
I've the lumia 800 it was almost fully charged and the last thing I did with it is:

first I've changed the camera settings as the following :
Exposure = -1.5
ISO = 200
and then I toke a picture in a very bright place.

Then returned the device to my pocket.. After that it was turned off and won't turn on..

I've tried this:
1- soft reset.
2- hard reset.

3- plug/ unplug it from AC charger and USB cable to the computer.
4- heated it a little bit ,as I've read on other posts here.
5- removed the battery and reconnect it -of course I've opened the device, I'm kinda expert :smileyvery-happy:

but non of this worked for me !!
nokia care point said that Lumia maintenance is not available in our country yet....
What should I do???

thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Nothing really. You have done all you are supposed to plus some you were not. Only thing left is a Nokia Care Point. If your local care point is not able to help perhaps you could try contacting Nokia Care directly to see if there is anything they can suggest. The only other thing would be to try contacting a care point in any country to see if they will accept your phone by post. 

Please use plain text.