Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 820 Bluetooth audio quality

etDub

Lumia 820 Bluetooth audio quality

So I just got a upgraded to the Lumia 820 a few weeks ago. The more bluetooth devices I use for audio playback the more I notice the audio quality is terrible. I have a jambox and a bluetooth car stereo both have the same issue, It tends to give off an occasional hiss or sqeal as it plays music. With the aux cable and headphones the audio quality is superb, ruleing out MP3 audio quality. I did the update (1249.00001) still has the issue, it never did it on my previous handset (Samsung focus Flash 7.5) and I have even turned off all my connections except bluetooth to rule out interference. Anyone else have this issue? Is it my handset? or is it software? I would like to know befor my warranty becomes an issue. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
etDub

Re: Lumia 820 Bluetooth audio quality

I can also confirm this is happening on speaker playback on the phone. Does it matter that all my music is stored on the SD card? I have gotten no where.
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't matter if all of your music stored on the SD card. Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps provided on this link? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480?lcid=1033

There's also a latest statement about the update. Check it here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Blogs/Community/2013/03/14/updates-for-lumia-920-lumia-820-and-lumia-...

If all possible solution has been done, it's best to have your phone checked with the Nokia Care Point. Check this link to contact your local support about the nearest Nokia Care Point: www.nokia.com/support

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
etDub

I have done all of these things but the issues remains, I am currently running 1314.00xx, after a full restore there is no change. I have spoken to my carrier and they requested I contact Nokia directly. I would love some sort of resolution, this is starting concern me being that i would like to get this resoved befor my warranty is in question.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Piratelooksat40

I think there is something wrong with the bluetooth on the 820.  I have not noticed the quality issue that you speak of, but my music(Stored on an SD card) just randomly pauses if I am playing it over a bluetooth device like a speaker or if it connected to a car.   It does not happen if I am listening through headphones or an Aux cable. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Keep in mind standard Bluetooth Audio is very low quality to begin with, it's low bitrate and you should consider BT was never intended to be used this way. There are better quality codecs and I believe at least the 820 and up support the apt-X codec for playback if the receiving end does as well but it's still not the best way to listen to audio.

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Piratelooksat40

I don't buy this. You don't get these pauses and skips with iPhones. I did not have it with my Samsung WP7. My wife's HTC does not have this problem, nor my sons 950. It also does not happen with I play songs that are stored on my phone. It only happens when I have songs on an SD card playing via Bluetooth. This is specific to the 820.
Please use plain text.