Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 820 GPS settings and Bluetooth

Counsellor
cintwo
Accepted Solution

Lumia 820 GPS settings and Bluetooth

I'm very interested Lumia 820, I had a look at the specs but I couldn't see if the GPS can be set offline and off network, as not assisted but only GPS, and whether the Bluetooth is transferring all sort of files or it's restricted to contacts or media files (pictures, music). Anyone knows how it's working at all? Thanks :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Lumia 820 GPS settings and Bluetooth

[ Edited ]

GPS is highly likely to be as before, AGPS only but we won't know for sure until production models are in reviewers or people's hands.

The same applies to bluetooth, we won't know exactly what files it can be used for until the device is out there.

So in other words you will need to wait and see as a precise answer cannot be given to you yet.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

Re: Lumia 820 GPS settings and Bluetooth

Thanks a lot for your answer, actually my Garmin GPS for hiking doesn't need any assisted means it just work as a GPS like my old nokia phones where you had the positioning settings and you could exclude all the other assited etc options. I am pointing that out because a network connection abroad can be expensive so I was considering if it' still interesting to have maps on the phone. The Bluetooth was more puzzling me because you can read everywhere how it will be a bluetooth 4 but then if you can't share files it's best to write that on the box, I use it very extensively so I'd look for a phone that gives me that option . Thanks I will wait for more news, they both look great -820 920-

Please use plain text.