Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 820: Syncing issues with Gmail 'My Conta...

Contributor
brad0111
Accepted Solution

Lumia 820: Syncing issues with Gmail 'My Contacts' to People and Facebook birthdays to Calendar

Hi All,

I'm experiencing two main problems with syncing information to my Lumia 820:

1. Not all of my Gmail contacts, saved under 'My Contacts' (ie not just anyone I've emailed once), are syncing to the People space on my phone. 1-2% are missing.

2. None of my Facebook birthdays have synced to my calendar.

Any information or advice on how to resolve either of these problems is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Re: Lumia 820: Syncing issues with Gmail 'My Contacts' to People and Facebook birthdays to Calendar

Hi brad0111

1) Check your phone settings, go to People > Settings > Filter my contact list > Make sure Gmail has a mark.

2) Link your facebook on your Microsoft account. Sign in with your Microsoft account  here, then connect your facebook account. 

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
brad0111

Re: Lumia 820: Syncing issues with Gmail 'My Contacts' to People and Facebook birthdays to Calendar

Hi,

This resolved the Facebook birthday issue. Thanks! I still have a problem however with my Google contacts. Gmail was marked, where you advised me to check. 'Contacts' is also marked to sync within my Gmail sync settings on the phone. Yet still:

1. Google contacts that I add to my phone under Google in 'People' are not syncing to my Google Contacts online. 

2. A number of my online, saved Google Contacts have not synced to the phone.

I am wondering if this is a technical glitch. Any further ideas?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
brad0111

For anyone experiencing problems syncing their 'People' contacts back to their Gmail account after the initial syncing process, the solution for me was changing my account from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com

Perhaps obvious to some, but it wasn't to me! Works fine now.

Please use plain text.
Jagxj6man

I keep losing my sync to gmail. Almost everytime i go the linked mailbox, it prompts for my password. I decided to delink it to avoid more grief. What's the problem?
Please use plain text.