Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 820 and XP

Contributor
JustJulia
Accepted Solution

Lumia 820 and XP

I have been transferring files no problem from my pc (xp) to my 820 but all of a sudden the pc no longer recognizes the phone.....it was working fine but now....nothing!

It's driving me crazy!!!  Any idea's?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Lumia 820 and XP

Connect the phone to PC and open Device Manager on your PC ..Do you see the Phone listed there ? If so..select-->right click and uninstall it .. Then Disconnect the phone and reconnect .. Wait for the drivers to get reinstalled.. Check now ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JustJulia

Panic over!!!!! Lol

I took the sim card and sd card out and put them back in and it now shows up but thank you for the suggestion :thumbup:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Good to know that ...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Entegy

One thing you might not realize is that the phone has to be unlocked when you initially connect the phone to your computer! So turn on the screen, unlock the phone (put in a PIN if you have one set), THEN connect the device. Or do it after you connect the device, the point is the phone has to be unlocked at least once to allow the computer to see the phone's contents.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Manolis1

Staying on the subject of Windows XP, does Lumia 820 working okay with windows xp?  I am about to enter the world of Nokia Lumia 820 after reviewing the iphone5, Samsung S4 etc but my bigger concern was the ease and compatibility of Windows xp since th ephone is operating with Windows 8.  Do all apps work fine and is that a great phone for web browsing, GPS, camera use and video recording use and can these be transferred onto a PC very quickly.

WOuld you recommend an alternative better phone to the 820?  The contract i am comparing th edifferent options with is the one with unlimited data.

New to this so thank you all for your comments.

Please use plain text.