Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 820 and microsd class 10

VKasianenko

Lumia 820 and microsd class 10

Hi.

I just bought a new memory card, ADATA microsdhc 32GB class 10. I switched my Lumia off, insreted a card and the switch my phone on. In settings -> phone storage I still have "SD card, not found". I decided to test the card. I got it from the phone and put in another, Nokia 5530 XM. It is defined and everything worked fine. Then I tested the card on a laptop, it just worked. But why then Lumia 820 with the new Windows Phone 8 inside doesn't define the card?

Please use plain text.
VKasianenko

Solution

Updating hepls me. =)

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

Re: Solution

[ Edited ]

The 820 does not work reliably with Class 10 SD cards. Get a lower class card which should work better. As you pointed out your Nokia 5530 works well with a class 10 card so a modern phone not supporting it is inexcusable in my opinion. If you want to use a 64GB SD card good luck finding one which is not class 10.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Solution

[ Edited ]

Class ten is no good Class 4 to Class 6 is ideal.If your phone does not see the card you need to factory reset the phone.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
asdh612ods9

I have tried many different SD cards with different amount of storage and different classes, nothing works on my 820, phone starts lagging immediately. Playing random playlists is out of the question. So far I think that Lumia 820 is a joke. If you ever get the SD card working properly, then the next problem you will have is synchronisation with the PC, good luck!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Incorrect!

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
just4kicks

All you need to do is format the SD card once it is in the 820. I had the same issue with a 2 gig SD card I had from my Nokia C6

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Your 2gb card would of been class 4 i reckon in your C6

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.