Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 820 and non-Nokia Bluetooth headset

KHaldin
Accepted Solution

Lumia 820 and non-Nokia Bluetooth headset

Hi,

just got a new Lumia 820 and paired my Sonyericsson bluetooth headset HBH-DS980 supporting the v2 A2DP bluetooth profile. Result is that phone calls are working but listening to music over bluetooth is not possible.

Doesn't the Lumia support the standard A2DP bluetooth profile ?

I have used the Headset with Sonyericsson phones, PCs and Android tablets for several yeards so I am bit reluctant to blame the headset in this case ...

Does the Lumia have a non-backwards compatible or proprietary bluetooth stack :wacko:

In that case I would question the intelligence of the design ...

Please use plain text.
KHaldin

Re: Lumia 820 and non-Nokia Bluetooth headset

Issue resolved :smileyvery-happy:

Restart of phone + restart of headset and voilá we have sound.

Otherwise OK except for a high pitched whining background noise.

It seems like windows phone is like normal windows, no driver & HW update possible without system restart :whistling:

Should have thought of that before posting :blink:

Please use plain text.