Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 820 calendar tile

Contributor
clockit

Lumia 820 calendar tile

Dear All

I have a question about the live calendar tile on the 820.  It doesn’t seem to showing events on it.

On the 800 I used to get an event reminder on the tile, which meant every time I was on the ‘home’ screen I was constantly reminded of things I had to do!  A great feature.

I’ve looked through the setting, etc, am I missing something?  Or is there a fault with the handset?

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

The calendar tile on my 920 displays events but only when the tile is set to medium or large size. It doesn't display using the smallest tile size.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
clockit

Hi Ray 

Thanks for the prompt response.  My tile is set to large.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

In the calendar app you can tap the three dots then settings. From here we can select which calendars to display events for. 

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
clockit

Hi Ray

I’ve tried setting reminders with all my calendars turned on, and also with just my Hotmail only.  I’ve tried setting the reminders to the available timings (1 hour, 1 day, 1 week and so on..) but still nothing.  I do get the reminder emails, but nothing on the tile.  I’m sure on the 800 it just worked, which is why I’m starting to think there is a problem.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Works fine on my 920 for me. I know that if you delete a Calendar, or make a new one, it take five or so seconds to update and show up on the Calendar tile. If you are still having problems, try a soft reset (press volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pie58

Does anyone now if there is a way to view the calendar in "work week" or 7 day format, it only appears to do it in "agenda" or "month view"?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

[ Edited ]

Hi Pie58,

Unfortunately at this time, there is not a way to view it in Week View. There is only swiping across to see the Day View which really is the same as Agenda, except splits each day into hours. You can always suggest this feature to Microsoft directly: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pie58

Ok thanks, done that, just have to wait now I guess!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sumitdomyan

On my Lumia 920, I've set Calendar Tile to medium size. I've two events for a day but it only displays one event on tile. I can see ample of space left on tile where they can display second event easily. Is tile restricted to display one event at a time?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

AFAIK, yes. There are third-party apps in the Store that expand on the calendar's functionaltiy, can't remember the exact name of them but they are there.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check this

Please use plain text.