Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 820 can't read my SD card

Sidek

Lumia 820 can't read my SD card

Hi,

I've got a strange problem with my microSDHC card (ADATA 16GB Class10). My 820 can't recognize it. There's no 'problem information' - the smartphone just doesn't see it. There's only internal storage able to use... I've done phone reset, I've done card formatting (to FAT24, ExFAT, NTFS) but there was the same problem every single time, again and again... I spent a lot of time and cash for buying this lumia and the card and now I am disappointed despite the smartphone is great... But without the storage it's almost useless.
Can you help me? What can I do? My card seems to be fine, because my notebook reads it perfectly. I can save and read files with no problems so I've got no idea what is going on...

I need help as soon as possible, so please write me back, thanks guys

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

There are several threads on this very subject in this section of the forum. In your place I would try a lower class card, not more than class 6.

Please use plain text.
Sidek

thanks for your response. Yes, now I see it but there are many people who have class10 and no problem with it. So... why do I have to pay again for another card...? Nokia hasn't said anything about a lack of class10 support, so I want it to work... Do you maybe know something about when some updates will be able to download? Maybe that will help...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Sidek wrote:

thanks for your response. Yes, now I see it but there are many people who have class10 and no problem with it.

Strange, what I see is almost exclusively people with Class 10 which have the problem. I am not aware of any MS updates which are specifically directed at solving this issue, although that does not mean that there isn't one in the works.

Please use plain text.
cg76839

I don't know what class I have but have a 32gb SD card. My phone reconises it, but is showing errors with everything I try to save on it. When I turn my phone on it says there is an error with my SD card, but I have formatted it through the phone and everything.

any ideas anyone?! Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you searched these forums for other answers on this topic, as this question has already been asked many times.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.