Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 820 synchronization and contacts

Lumia820User

Lumia 820 synchronization and contacts

I have used my Lumia 820 less than one week. I am quite satisfied with it. However, some features are bothering me:

1. I can synchronize my Lumia with my Google account: e-mail, contacts and calendar BUT NOT to-dos (in Google: tasks). When entering a new to-do in Lumia, it gives only one choice to use: Microsoft account. When I go to to-do > ... >settings, I can switch my Microsoft and Google calendars on or off, and the last item (after Google calendar setting) is "Show to-dos on the calendar". There is no mention that to-dos are synchronized only with Microsoft account. When I go to Settings > email+accounts > Microsoft account, there is an item: "Content to sync" and the only choice is "Email". There is no mention about calendar or to-dos.
  2. I did not find any way to transfer my contacts in .csv file directly to my Lumia 820. I had to load them first to my Google account and after synchronization I got them in use. Is there any other way to transfer contacts?
  3. In order to synchronize calendar and contacts (people), I have to open Google e-mail and make synchronization there. There is no synchronization option in calendar or contacts section. I don't like to keep data connection on all the time. Of course I keep WiFi connection open when I have network available.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Lumia 820 synchronization and contacts

You need to set up google sync options by logging in to m.google.com

You'll find plenty of information on this both here and on the google helppages. I'd suggest you give the search function a try.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.