Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 822 Question: Email Stopped Working

Contributor
Latrece
Accepted Solution

Lumia 822 Question: Email Stopped Working

I am trying to figure out why my email has stopped working. when I click on a tile, it does nothing, it doesn't go to email like it did just yesterday.  I have a total of 6 email accounts setup on my phone. All worked great yesterday.  One account is my work email account which we have been have email and network issues at the office. 

I went to settings and looked at email+accounts.  It is showing almost everything stuck in syncing mode.  Will that effect my ability to read emails?  Everytime I check, Microsoft account, linkedin, twitter, and my work email seem to be stuck in this mode.  The email accounts that aren't syncing will not open either.

Is there something I can do to fix this?  Should I delete all my email accounts and start over?  Not sure if it will let me when it is stuck in sync.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you tried after rebooting the phone ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Latrece

I am not positive what is considered a reboot for this phone.  I have turned it off and on again a few times.  Just now i have started to be able to open them all even though the live tile no longer reflects the acurate new mail. When i first set it up, it would show the number of new messages since I last looked at it. Now it is frozen I guess on a number.  Before it stopped working again, I looked behind a tile that said I had 2 unread messages, there were no unread messages.  Settings still shows those 4 accounts are syncing.  Maybe I will try to log into my microsoft account and see if it shows me anything. I will also remove the battery and put it back in and turn on to see what happens.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Latrece

I pulled my battery out and powered on. It seemed to respond. Now it is opening up, but as I go through emails, I get though some then click on the next one and it crashes and kicks me back to the home screen, I go back into it and takes a couple of clicks before it lets me in. and I start that process all over again. live tiles are not showing accurate unread count. Very odd, like I said before, worked yesterday.
Please use plain text.
dswierenga

Same problem with my Lumia 920

I've got the same prolem with my new 920.  E-mail worked until this afternoon.  Now email accounts are greyed out.  I can't delete them and set them up again.  I've reset the phone several times and don't want to do a hard reset.  The only change I've made is to my Outlook account on my laptop where I installed Skype.  I had previously installed Skype on the 920 and it seemed to work fine.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Same problem with my Lumia 920

Guys, have you done a soft reset (pressing volume down + power button together until phone vibrates).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Latrece

After a day of constant off/on and then this soft reboot, it seems to have started back working normal again.  Thanks for the tip on how to do a soft reboot.  I've only had the phone for a few days, so I haven't learned everything yet.

Please use plain text.
bc3tech

[ Edited ]

I have had to reboot my 822 three times now in 3 days with this symptom. My HTC Trophy wp7 never had this issue in 2 years. Is there a FIX for this instead of an Android-esque workaround???

Please use plain text.
bc3tech

And it just happened again. That's twice in 2.5 hours.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
klubii

I have lumia 920 and i've tried soft booting, hard booting, sim-card off and on but still having this issue.

Emails syncing in a loop, crashing etc. Cant open my contacts because it crashes. Had this phone for a month now. few days ago, emails worked just fine. I've tried to delete most of the apps but nothing has worked so far.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Latrece

This is not resolved.

Basically I have to reboot about 4-5 times a day to keep email and messaging working. after a reboot, I can usually get email and send email, but after a while you have to reboot again to get more.  messaging also stops working and has the same issue.  I've done soft booting, turn on/off, remove simm.  All that stuff gets me the same results.  the live tiles don't work.  Accept after rebooting to tell me when they just pulled new mail, but even if you read it, the number never reduces, it freezes on the number it just pulled in.  People doesn't work at all, I can't open it.  nothing works to get it open.  So that is a useless tile, it flashes people, but as an address book it doesn't work at all.  I tried reducing email pulled to 1 week, I only have it checking once an hour and it doesn't even do that unless you reboot.

I really like this phone and this issue has been really disapointing.  It almost makes the phone useless to me.  I can't open my address book, so that means I can't add anything, edit it, or check it for info.  useless.  Live tiles don't work, email doesn't work, and I can't text until I reboot.  Now my calendar is stuck on the previous day.  Everything I use this phone for has stopped working unless you remember to constantly reboot, but that doesn't fix the address book.  the only thing that I think works without a reboot is I can receive calls, the tragedy is email and messaging is what I get most of my communications.  That's disapppointing.

I wish this could be fixed now. I'm starting to hate the phone I used to love.  :-(

Please use plain text.
peswriter

Same problem here. Soft reset is practically useless. Will pull emails when clicking on the tile for a while before it stops again, but will randomly return to start screen and won't let me delete anything. I have to keep reverting to email in my browser - what's the point of having email then?! Have had to remove email accounts and re-enter them a couple of times already. Have only had the phone 5 days, have been on phone with tech support and spent 2 hours getting help at the store - this is so frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mmwong

I've had the same problems. I finally took my phone back to the store and they gave me a new one because they had no idea how to fix it. Now my new one is having the same problems. I'd really like this fixed. I love the phone, but am sooo frustrated!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anthonyeh

also haveing the same problem..come on Nokia cant believe there isnt a fix for this yet..been alomost more a year and i still cant find anyway to fix this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Latrece

I have determined how to fix this now.  I took it to the store and they totally erased the entire phone. Brought it back to factory settings nothing on there.

Then we logged into my account and everything restored accept the things I did after I started having the problem.

Sad to have to reset up those things, but at least it works.

Since that though, I've had no problems.  Phone works great.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JonnyFrench

Re: Lumia 822 Question: Email OK but cannot cancel greyed out accounts

I am very happy with my 920 for the last 9 months. Only one crash due to an app bug and easy to reset. BUT, I have 5 email accounts all working perfectly and flankly much better than my PC or Mac. Fabulous. I have a problem with one account which I never got working and is greyed out. I can delete the fully working email accounts, but there is no way to delete the non-working "greyed out" email account. I double press and there is no reponse with a selection. the "button is dead". what should I do here, and if I hard reset , wont I lose a lot of data.? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Lumia 822 Question: Email OK but cannot cancel greyed out accounts

@JonnyFrench try the flight mode. The account might be in syncing state and therefore dimmed. Did that help?

Please use plain text.