Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 822 (VZW) Wireless Charging Accessory

Contributor
primortal

Lumia 822 (VZW) Wireless Charging Accessory

Does the DT-900 work with the 822?  Order one with my phone but it doesn't work.  So not sure if its not compatible or something wrong with the phone or the charging plate.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Lumia 822 (VZW) Wireless Charging Accessory

The plate is compatible with the 822 so should work. Try putting the phone down on the plate in slightly different positions to see if it starts to charge your phone.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
primortal

Thanks Ray.  I've try every which way an nothing. I'll return it and see if a replacement works.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@primortal

There seems to be some confusion and here is quote from user guide 

" In order to charge wirelessly, NFC must be enabled on your phone, and a compatible wireless charging pad and back cover (sold separately) are needed".

There is no issue with the DT-900 iteself, just absence of necessary accessory (back cover).

See Page 16 here:http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/pdf_guides/devices/822/Nokia_Lumia_822_UG_en.pdf

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
primortal

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I've confirmed that NFS is turned on.  Great, now I just need VZW to sell the back plate :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bigboy29

Ummm... this will not work because a wireless charging shell is needed for the 822. Are you saying you have that already? See my thread here:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-822-wireless-charging-really-misleading-Nokia/td-p...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
primortal

No I don't have the back cover that allows charging. I had thought it was already "capable" without needing a separate cover.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bigboy29

Yeah, that's my point exactly; I thought the same and bought a wireless charger also. Nokia site seems to indicate that the device is wireless charging capable out of the box.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MopeyJoe

I agree whole heartedly there was some deception on the part of Nokia and Verizon. Both of them made it appear that this device was wireless charging capable out of the box. I have even gone so far as to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau after I was more or left told to pound stones by verizon over this issue. ( a sales rep even confirmed my thought that the device was compatable) I would be very interested in joining any group complaint against these two for deceptive practices. (I have archived PDF copies of both websites indicating that the feature was standard) 

Please use plain text.
tadb

This is the only information I've been able to find related to the wireless charging back plate.  This article was posted in verizon news on 10/29/2012.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/10/nokia-lumia-822-windows-phone.html

"Nokia has made a strategic decision to focus on wireless charging, and the Nokia Lumia 822 joins the party thanks to the optional Nokia Wireless Charging Shell. It works seamlessly with accessories such as the Nokia Wireless Charging Plate DT-900, the Nokia Wireless Charging Pillow by Fatboy and the JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker. Accessories will be available within coming weeks."

Please use plain text.
Contributor
primortal

Wireless charging backs are available on VZW site for a whopping $40; only white and black, http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=13448&access....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OldGuyGeek

Re: Lumia 822 (VZW) Wireless Charging - Definitive answer!.

Yep, you need the wireless charging backplate.  We ordered one at the Verizon store along with the charging plate.  They are now also available online.  Neither the store or online has it in gray, so if you have a gray phone, you'll have to decide what 2-tone color scheme you want.  By the way, if you go into the store and have them order it for you, you save the shipping cost even if they ship it directly to your home.

You can see a video explaining the Lumia 822 wireless charging at www.youtube.com/oneconnection.  It shows both backplates so you can see the difference and compare it to yours.

Please use plain text.