Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 822 unable to send sms after portico update....

piyushj

Lumia 822 unable to send sms after portico update...

I am currentrly using Lumia 822 in unlocked GSM mode. After updating Lumia 822 to portico, I cannot send sms.

I believe this issue in seen both in US and India and tried many different carriers.

http://tinyurl.com/dyezts8

When update for Lumia 822 will come?  Will it fixed the sms 'not being able to send' issue?

I believe a broken sms functionality is very bad and a big BUG !!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
psyfi

Re: Lumia 822 unable to send sms after portico update...

Hi there... Am having the same issue after the update... sm1 pls help on this issue
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi piyushj and psyfi,

Nokia Lumia 822 is a Verizon variant phone in US.

@piyushj, if your phone is unlocked, under which Network Carrier are you using the 822 at the moment?

@psyfi, did you also unlock the phone? if yes, please provide the Network Carrier you are using to that phone.

Are you able to receive text messages?
Are you able to make or receive calls?
Are you able to browse the web or run applications requiring internet connection using the data connection you have with your respective Network Carriers?

You can try the following steps provided below. After this, you can try to send a text message again.

1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap mobile network (or cellular).
3. Tap Highest connection speed and select 2G.
4. Wait for at least 5 seconds and select 3G.

Kindly check too with your Network Carrier that you have the correct SMS center number. You can go to Messaging, tap on the three dots (...) and then go to Settings. You will see SMS center number there. You can also go to Settings,  Applications and then Messaging to look for the said number.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
piyushj

Please refrain from giving a generic answer, without having a clue about phone details or without even doing proper check before answering. If you have read the link, you would'nt have asked any question. still i will answer the questions you raised for you.

First, regarding 822, it is sold as unlocked gsm mobile. And I am using it with Airtel in India. 

Are you able to receive text messages? Yes
Are you able to make or receive calls? yes
Are you able to browse the web or run applications requiring internet connection using the data connection you have with your respective Network Carriers? yes

SMS center number -- it is correct.

It may be noted that "Everything works with original shipped firmware and after update, sms sending breaks"

Anyway, i now know the issue. and it is both - Nokia and Verizon deliberate attempt to avoid phone usage outside their (Verizon) network. And Nokia, with blocking download of old firmware, people can't even downgrade.

Reference:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/219397-2.htm

Verizon also blocked changing APN, making phone unable to use any data services outside  their network in GSM mode. However, with installing network+, apn can be changed

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ABHI177

Same issue I am facing post update.

Please let me know if any update or bug fix.

this is realy irritating.

One more issue on my phone :  Data not working in roaming network. ever after data roam enable setting option.

& all this happend after update.

before update evrything was fine.

piyushj wrote:

Please refrain from giving a generic answer, without having a clue about phone details or without even doing proper check before answering. If you have read the link, you would'nt have asked any question. still i will answer the questions you raised for you.

First, regarding 822, it is sold as unlocked gsm mobile. And I am using it with Airtel in India. 

Are you able to receive text messages? Yes
Are you able to make or receive calls? yes
Are you able to browse the web or run applications requiring internet connection using the data connection you have with your respective Network Carriers? yes

SMS center number -- it is correct.

It may be noted that "Everything works with original shipped firmware and after update, sms sending breaks"

Anyway, i now know the issue. and it is both - Nokia and Verizon deliberate attempt to avoid phone usage outside their (Verizon) network. And Nokia, with blocking download of old firmware, people can't even downgrade.

Reference:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-822/219397-2.htm

Verizon also blocked changing APN, making phone unable to use any data services outside  their network in GSM mode. However, with installing network+, apn can be changed

Please use plain text.