Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 900 7.8 Weird Bug

Laughing

Lumia 900 7.8 Weird Bug

So i got the update for my Lumia 900 and it works great, i haven't had the issues others are having with the data hogging, etc.

However, i do have one glitch which doesn't bother me too much but would like it fixed and see if anyone else has this issue.

The battery "dies" within 4-6 hours of being left off the charger, which would be a battery drain, but the weird part is it stays at 0% for a few more hours then bumps up to a (usually) random number around 50-60% of battery life left and then drains normally. It's really weird and my battery lasts a long time, it's just the software that's all messed up.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 900 7.8 Weird Bug

hi mate,

that is indeed weird. i believe that battery apps and the built-in battery status on Windows Phone handsets obtain their information from the phone centrally itself, therefore it would not vary between apps. Have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? also check that you are up to date with all the latest Nokia system apps in the Marketplace.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Laughing

Hi, thanks for the reply and advice.

I tried the soft reset and unforunately, nothing.

All updates have been done and are up to date and still nothing unfortunately :smileysad:

I tried restoring and reupdating and still nothing, it's really weird, now the bug remains even when i'm on 7.5 but only noticed the bug after the update to 7.8

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

if you feel that it is a serious problem even after hard resetting (backup all data first as this wipes everything), then you can take your phone to your Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AsherChandna

i'm still unable get me lumia 900 to update from 7.5 to  7.8 , i've been try to update me phone for the past 2 weeks, i connect me phone 10 times a day to my pc and the zune and check for the update, but it keep on showing me the same answer the me "phone is up to date" whereas with me lumia 800 it was updated 2 weeks ago, and i've even uninstalled the zune software and reinstalled it again, but it still doesn't update me nokia lumia 900 from 7.5 to 7.8 kindly let me know what and how to deal with it....!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

you need to contact your network carrier and your local Nokia to ascertain whether your handset will be receiving the 7.8 update or not: http://nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.