Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 900 Bugs

Advisor
MyBadxUDead

Lumia 900 Bugs

I have had my Lumia 900 for almost 3 days, and I am extremely impressed with the build quality and design.  Definitely an upgrade from my Focus.  However, there are a few things that are still buggy.

1. The camera doesn't correctly choose the right scene, so the veiwfinder is very blue when using the camera, but it looks perfect once the picture has been taken.

2. Pressing the hardware camera button while the phone is locked doesn't always launch the camera like it should.  Especially trying to do so immediately after the phone is locked.

3.  The battery dies extremely fast once the battery saver mode turns on.

4.  The critical battery notification occurs at roughly 15% when as my Focus did it at around 5%, which was much more helpful.

5.  When the battery died on my Lumia, it didn't leave enough battery to shut the device down, it got to 0% and then the phone froze for about a minute then when black, no goodbye screen.  Then, when I tried to charge it, it was plugged up for about 5 minutes before the battery meter appeared saying the battery was too low to start the phone.  During that five minutes, the hardware buttons were glowing, and holding the power button had no effect.

I hope my scrutiny helps with a soon-to-be update!  Great job guys, this is going to be an amazing comeback!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AndreiL

Me and my wife have 2 units since april 6 and my observation in comparison to Focus we had before are :

1. The camera doesn't correctly choose the right scene, so the veiwfinder is very blue when using the camera, but it looks perfect once the picture has been taken.

White balance was misbehaving in multiple instances only on my unit viefinder image and resulting image were very close (either good or bad)

2. Pressing the hardware camera button while the phone is locked doesn't always launch the camera like it should.  Especially trying to do so immediately after the phone is locked.

So true, can't still quite put my finger on what it depends on, thought for a moment that it as something to do with a setting "Prevent accidental camera operation " or something, but this option was not turned on...

3.  The battery dies extremely fast once the battery saver mode turns on.

Didn't see this problem on either of my units, in fact almost got through the day on last 15%... 

4.  The critical battery notification occurs at roughly 15% when as my Focus did it at around 5%, which was much more helpful.

I htink focus also gave multiple notifications, where as Nokia does this only once (which gives you a chance to turn battery saver on, so giving it at 15% is OK with me) but I would expect the other notification at 5% ALSO 

5.  When the battery died on my Lumia, it didn't leave enough battery to shut the device down, it got to 0% and then the phone froze for about a minute then when black, no goodbye screen.  Then, when I tried to charge it, it was plugged up for about 5 minutes before the battery meter appeared saying the battery was too low to start the phone.  During that five minutes, the hardware buttons were glowing, and holding the power button had no effect.

Exactly same behavior on both my units including freezing and etc... Would expect better experience from Nokia and it's definately needs to get fixed.  Also if you happen to try to charge your Nokia from something other than wall adapter that comes with it after it was fully discharged you will be unpleasantly surprised that charge won't happen (I attribute this to a charge current: nokia charger is rated up to 1A where as samsun was something like 350mA). Note that other sources like PC USB port or even Samsung wall charger will charge Nokia OK but only if the battery wasn't fully depleted.

Couple of things I notices too:

1.  As soon as you wake up the phone first touch lags. so when you enter a PIN it lags enough that I tried to reenter first digit. Frustrating as hell, all following key presses are responsive but the first one is not. Alos if you wait couple of seconds then second key pres also lags. Nokia PLEASE fine tune the experience. Samsung never had similar problem.
  2. Again somethines when you wake up the phone screen will shop some ugly garbage for first split second before actually showing your wallpaper. It looks like it happens only after prolonged sleep... I expected more from Nokia. I hope all these quirks could be fixed in quick update 
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

I'm glad other people are having these problems also, maybe they will make a fix a quick as possible! I also experience the lag, but it was the same on my Focus, so it may be a OS bug. As for the battery notification, the Focus only has one, and it was just nice to be able to keep using my device even though the battery was dieing until that critical notification came up, then it was time to seriously find power. Hopefully we won't be putting up with these bugs for long!
Please use plain text.
NYJET_PRIME

I just posted a thread, my battery after about 4.5 of LIGHT usage is at 20%. I made 0 phone calls, sent a few texts/emails/tweets.

My Office building has WiFi could that be the issue?

How is the battery on your 900 and what do you have running, email, twitter, etc... ?

TYIA

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

My battery did great until battery saver was started. At that point, no background services were running nor was email being checked, just basic Facebook checking every so often.
Please use plain text.
ConnectedPerson

I have been using the Lumia 900 on the first day with a skype video call (very cool) when it ran out of batteries. And after that I tried to recharge it with my phone charger (no luck), my laptop (no luck), the Nokia provided charger (not much more luck). I had it charging the whole night and all it did was that it showed me the Nokia and then the ATT startup screen. It would not even go into the Windows Phone startup screen. Doing a hard or soft reset did not help and it seemed as if the phone was not even charged after the night.

Needless to say, I got it exchanged the next morning and now I am a bit weary, hoping that I am not going to get a similar behaviour down the road when the warranty has expired.

Please use plain text.
Finalgeek

Did anyone try to read text in pictures. Pictures are fine but the text in pixtures are missing/blured. Can't read those!

Please use plain text.
Finalgeek

Skype and Lumia900? please post the link to download Skpe APP for lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mafdude

Anybody have a disapperaing voicemail icon?  I tried several attempts to remedy this with AT&T customer service, to try to setup visual voicemail, they couldn't explain it and referred me to Nokia, awaiting my smart start call.  I have had to do multiple hard resets to get icon back, when I call voicemail enter in my password then voicemail icon diasppears.  Frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

I think every so often my phone says it is connected to wifi, but is actually using cell data because I'll be zooming along web browsing then, boom slows to a crawl, and a quick flip of the wifi switch on the phone seems to fix it.
Please use plain text.

When Battery Saver mode is on, its supposed to stop all background updating, email syncing, Facebook updates, etc. to prolong battery life. Text and SMS are still on. Those services are what drain the battery. As for the battery dying faster when the mode is on, definitely a glitch.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blessthejon

The icon is suppose to dissapear once you set visual voicemail. To go to visual voicemail all you have to do is tap on the "phone tile" and then flick to the left.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blessthejon

I can confirm all these except "The battery dies extremely fast once the battery saver mode turns on.".
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

My battery doesn't die as fast once battery save comes on since the update, but the critical battery warning is still at the wrong time.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Generalnfx

Is it just me or does anyone have their phone just randomly start opening apps orstarting a voice search while on the phone?  It was on the table on speaker phone so I know I wasn't hitting anything.  

If you have not purchased the phone yet don't.  Stay away from windows phones they are terrible.

Please use plain text.