Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 900 Charging Issue

Counsellor
gllgd

Lumia 900 Charging Issue

I've had a cyan 900 from day one and I like the phone, but Nokia really need to fix all the issues with their Lumia phones. 

I've already replaced my 900 twice because it is not charging properly and I know a number of people with the same issue. The issue is when the battery is completely drained and I try to charge the phone, using the charger that came with the phone, it does not come back on; sometimes it takes hours to turn on;  or it starts, get to the att splash screen and reboots - - this happens in a continuous loop until I disconnect the power.

There is obviously something wrong with the power management on the phone. Nokia or ATT still haven't address the issue and it a shame. 

I cannot recommend this phone to anyone until the issues are fixed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bluediver

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Can't seem to re-charge my drained Lumia 900 - very disappointed that MS and Nokia can screw up something so basic as charging the phone.

So... 2 lessons learned: 1. Don't let your battery drain down to zero. 2. Don't turn on Airplane mode as that has a bug in it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DreamensioN

I have this exact same issue. The Lumia 900 won't charge when it's totally flat. It just keeps flashing the screen and doing its little buzz/vibrate thing.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
JesmanX

Interesting.  I use Airplane Mode every night and haven't noticed any problems with my phone.  What is the bug?

Please use plain text.
Azurefly

Yes! I have the same problem, twice! And right out of the box! I need to return not only my 1st one but the new one as well. NOKIA, it's time to wake up guys! You need to address this issue fast. If you fix this battery/charge issue SOON you'll have a solid phone. If you don't, well, you see what Microsoft is doing right? This is one of many reasons MS is going in the Apple direction, building their own hardware. And please work things out with AT&T as well when it comes to addressing these issues. Hopefully you're listening NOKIA. Sincerely, Azurefly
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ecutts

My beautiful nokia 900 had the same issue. I'm waiting to hear anything from the repair center.  I sent it off 10 days ago, it was received 7 days ago.  I hoped a known issue like this would produce a faster turn-around. It's a bad experience and I'm not wowed by the @nokiacareus twitter response which was:

"repair can take from 7-10 working days from date of receipt of your device to our repair center. ^SV"

I want to support windows phones and nokia but this is a tough one.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rockraken

Another +1 to the list of users having charging issues.  It seems like the phone tries to power back on repeatedly while at the early part of the charging cycle and drains the power right back out of the phone, then just repeats that cycle continuously.  That is just bad design.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lumia900Fan_66

Okay, yesterday I got into work and my Lumia 900 was completely dead. I plugged in my HTC charger into the phone because it fit and I didn't think anything of it. I was 9 hours dealing with this issue of booting from the ATT splash screen to the Windows Phone screen and to the GoodBye screen. I researched it to find that the voltage from my adapter wasn't high enough to meet the Lumia 900 battery requirements. Got into the car, plugged in the Telus quick charger and my Lumia 900 was golden again. Needless to say, the phone charger for the Lumia is an essential accessory that I now carry to work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
carloangela

Hi guys im from the philippines!
I bought this precious lumia 900 last june 25th. And its doing great! My phone just died/emptied batt thrice and it still good havent got any problems with it.. I just waited 5mins charging time till it pops up from being dead batt.. One thing i complain about this is that we dont have XBOX here in the philippines so sad. I need to change my region to US for me to be able to get XBOX :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
PattyFinally

:smileymad: bought the Lumia in April as soon as it came out the cyan color  1- phone kept freezing, do you know that you can't replace it w a black one, they were out of cyan at the stores and refused to give me a cell from that was black because mine is cyan. then i figured out how to turn it back on by rebooting it but one was in the mail already. 2- yesterday 8-20 my cell drained and i couldn't get it charge. yes only the "nokia white cable" is the only one that would charge it any other time, but not this time. i went to the store and even thou its only been like 3 wks since i got the replacement, they wouldn't give me another lumia. again warranty was out of cyan color and i had to call and figure out what to do. at&t was super helpful and i am now out of a cell Tuesday til Thursday. unreal, but they are sending me the new HTC ONE X, cuz i refused to get another lumia replacement. I'm thankful that they helped but sucks to be w no cell. Now i'm going to look up HTC ONE X and hope that no one is having issues w it. my son has it already and loves it. so having a lumia for 4 months that sucks what a waste!!!!!!!!!!! garbage phones in my opinion!  :thumbdown:

Please use plain text.
notwindowshappy

Just had the same experience in the last 24 hours with battery issues not allowing any kind of access of the phone even when plugged in and charging.  The family has 3 of these phones and I am going to warn them not to drain the battery to zero or risk the same fate as Phone #1.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NokPhonesSuck

Another discussion thread suggests you might have luck by holding down the power button for 30-60 secs once the Nokia 900 has enough power to start boot looping. When you see the Nokia screen let go and it should continue booting and charging with the boot loop of death. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shahirah

me too!. how's ur phone right now?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abacusv

Not booting up after battery drain issue is still seen in nokia 900. There is nothing we can do but to hand over to the Nokia care. Its really frustrating situation.

Sad that the issue is not resolved and Nokia releases this device with known issue in India. 

I tried all the methods posted in different forums and here with no luck of starting it. Handed over to the Nokia care center and was told that it will take 10 days to hear back from them about root cause. 

This is the least you can expect for a phone that is launched less than a month now. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ruwa

I am deeply frustrated especially now that I have come across this discussion site. I have spent a day and night trying to get it recharged. I cannot recommend this phone to my friends. Nokia should pull off the ads on CNN or else inform the public about the battery problem. It is a serious problem. The public deserves to know the truth!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ctkimba

hello ecutts. can you please give me AT&T Nokia Lumia contact address? Am resolving to trying to send my Nokia Lumia 900 back to Nokia for repair or replacement. It has refused to come on since it went of as he result of low battery.

Please use plain text.
saroya33

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I got my lumia 900 in August 2012. After using it for 2 month, I experianced the same problem with the charging issue. I sent the phone to the nokia repair center for repair but they sent it back to me without repair. They said the phone is not designed for the american market because it is unlocked. I checked the warranty it is still in warranty in the US. I don't know how to convince them in order to fix the phone for me. Any help?? I attached the warranty result.

Moderator's note: We have removed the attachment as it contains IMEI or serial number of the phone. It is unwise to publish personal information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
dianasab

hi i am having a same issue at the moment people tell me please what to do????!! its really frustrating!!! i had not charged my phone for 4 or 5 days and now when i connect to the charger its not showing that its charging.and its really **bleep** me off that it comes on a white screen then shows NOKIA logo and then goes off after few secs or minute.could it be the battery issue?how u people fixed this!!??mine is nokia lumia 900

Please use plain text.
krys0520

My frustration with this phone is unbelievable.... and so here i sit- without a phone period rt.now - I'm looking for a used phone to purchase QUICKLY- preferably- a Windows phone, not the newest or fastest or stylish one- the most reliable one... (W / the fewest bad reviews and/or repeat problems)... Any suggestions please, I'd really appreciate.

Please use plain text.