Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 900 - Echo

Contributor
esox

Lumia 900 - Echo

I have been told that there is a very bad echo and delay by people calling me, this never happened with my ancient 6300.I do not have any problem at all when speaking to them but they complain to me about it.

Is it a network or phone problem?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
esox

Come on chaps, am I the only person on the planet that has this issue?

Im not asking an obvious question that can be found in the handbook!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Perhaps it isnt that common. I've only experienced that once a few year back with another phone. The cause was a poor fitting case blocking the speaker and dircting some of the sound back into the phone when on speakerphone only. Another possibility is faulty dsp on the phone.. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
esox

Thanks for the reply. Its not me thats having the problem, I can hear everything very clearly but it's two three others that are having the problem when they call me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rahul1209

hi
I am also having the same problem,can anybody suggest,what to do for this???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Annedoeslie

Oh deary me too! It sounds like a small demon inside the other callers phone :smileysad:
any help would be very appreciated!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kxi112

Hi,

I have a Lumia 710 and the same problem everytime someone calls me since Dez 2012. Before everthing was fine for about 11 months. I returned my phone twice to the retailer and they sent it to Nokia. But still the same problem. They told me that it might be a carrier problem and I ordered a new sim-card. Still the same problem.... Today I learned that the callers will only hear their voice as an echo if my phone is in its silicon protection. I took it off and everything went fine. But anyway I would like to use the phone protection further on and in the last 11 months it worked with the protection. Tomorrow I will return my phone to the retailer and 

hopefully get a new one. I'm really **bleep** off!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Japio

I'm having the same troubles!

Help would be apreciated.

Please use plain text.
mattiv

Same problem here. The others here bad echo.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MdT1

Same problem here. Very frustrating. Anyone a solution?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
in2n

Solved it!

I tried lowering my volume to 6, other caller noticed echo almost gone. Took off my silicone gel cover, echo was completely gone. Put volume back up to 9, with no cover, still no echo. Had caller hang up and call me back, NO ECHO.

For my Lumia 710, the issue was the case I bought for it, made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU). It's a plastic and silicone material hybrid, kind of a hard gel with an argyle pattern, smoke color. I bought it on eBay. Seems to protect well, but the echo thing makes it useless. For some reason, the silicone material reflects the speaker audio back through the microphone on the phone, creating the echo for the person on the other end.

My daughter has the exact phone and has never had echo issues, but uses a Nokia Lumia 710 D3O Gel Skin - Purple, which we bought from the T-Mobile store. It actually feels more like rubber.

I bought one on eBay just like hers in black and now my phone works flawlessly.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ken1234

I've had a Nokia 900 since they came out, what, last summer was it? I found out it would echo and buzz for my callers, meanwhile the transmission was perfectly clear on my end.

This echoing does not happen when I'm in speakerphone mode or using an earpiece.

I solve the issue by turning down the call volume, which you can do with the top two side buttons when the phone is in call mode. The volume scales on a range from 1 to 10. Any setting over 6 causes my phone to echo back on all my callers.

According to Nokia, the optimal setting is 5 and the echoing can happen when the phone is set to "excessively loud" levels. So, on my phone at least, the top three volume levels are not practically usable. I am able to hear well enough in most situations, however, when the level is set to 6.

Please use plain text.