Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 900 MMS Settings (Where is Network Pofil...

Registered Member
DanMarkBen

Re: Lumia 900 MMS Settings (Where is Network Pofile App)

Nokia, we are still waiting for a fix :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

moc426 wrote: I think we have been forgotten here.

I think the feeling is more like no one gives a damn! :crying:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mgconcierge

The lack of response or status has found my Lumia on Craigslist and a Galaxy Nexus on its way.

Thanks for your Support Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
y2kunals

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe it's reached that point where we need to let tech media know about this. I'm talking about the guys like Engadget, Verge, WP Central, etc. I suggested this earlier but the moderator removed my comments. They think it's okay not to give us basic access to our phones, but won't let us discuss what they deserve. I don't see anyone at Nokia replying to us for a while now. It shows how unimportant our issue is. The only thing left to do is raise awareness about the issue, to prove how important it really is. 

I never thought I would say this in my life, but I'm actually disappointed owning a Nokia device right now. The least they could do is show REGULAR feedback and update us on what's happening. This is the equivalent of buying a device that doesn't work properly, and there is no customer support to fix the issue. Would you ever buy a product knowing that's what will happen? I think not. This is shameless on Nokia's part. 

I won't be surprised if a moderator silently comes in to delete my comment again without offering us a solution again. This is a sad reality. 

Nokia Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
FormerFan

I have been following this thread since page 1, and have been checking in a couple times every day. I bought the Lumia 900 outright from Rogers the morning it was released based on its success at CES 2012 and my prior Nokia experience. I then paid to have it unlocked and had my Fido sim card installed in it.

Unfortunately, the guys at rogers turned it on first so I could have a little test run before I purchased it. I didn't realize at the time that the first boot would set up the MMS settings to rogers. So, naturally, I haven't received a photo via text on my new phone in two months.

This may simply be a fido thing, but the 3g data is EXTREMELY slow. WiFi is smokin' fast, but when I'm out and about, I can basically only check email and text-based Reddit entries. Internet radio, youtube, even maps, are painfully slow. (radio takes almost 3 minutes to load before playing)

But enough about data; this thread is about the lack of basic functionality. And I agree. I'm frankly extremely disappointed in the responses we've received from Nokia employees in this thread. I realize most of the fault lies with Microsoft for creating a serious pitfall in their software, but Nokia refusing to re-release the Network Setup app is shameful.

I'm so disenchanted with Nokia right now. I'll give this thread until Monday and if there is no encouraging response from Nokia, I'm going to contact Engadget, Gizmodo, and Cnet directly with this ridiculous information.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

100% agreement with FormerFan. my 3g connectivity is useless. my espn app takes 2 min to load the information. I don't know if this has anything to do with the mms setup, but my E7 was much faster with 3g than my lumia 900. FormerFan I would support whatever you say to Engaget, BGR and Gizmodo. it's an easy fix. if Nokia and Microsoft want fan boys like Apple, start treating us like you value us.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Have you contacted Nokia Care about this yet? This forum is a user to user platform and while we do forward issues we come across and have in this case you should address this with your local Nokia Care as well. I can fully understand that this can get frustrating and sometimes you feel like getting the jackhammer out but I have to ask you to have a little more patience. We on our end are doing what we can to keep this alive and in focus.

Also I can understand the need to vent your frustration but I must ask you to stay within the forum guidelines as far as what to post and how. I hope you can understand that we as moderators do edit or remove posts which do not follow the guidelines for obvious reasons. There is no censorship or 'hiding issues' involved there, just keeping the forum content in line with the guidelines. I hope you can understand that.

Being rational and intelligent people here I would hope that you understand that resolving this situation requires more that simply flipping a switch as that would obviously have been done by now. Also I hope you can understand we can't give you anything solid until we actually have anything solid to announce. So again, please have a little more patience and please keep the posts within the rules as laid out in the forum guidelines.

Thank you all for your co-operation,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dtg8691

[ Edited ]

Been on the phone with At&T and Nokia. The Lumia 900 will be unlocked on October 8th.

So if you want an unlocked Lumia 900 buy it from eBay or Rogers Wireless in Canada.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LandoftheRich

Its all well and good to ask for users to be patient. However, its been almost 2 MONTHS since this thread was started and there is still no solution. How long do you expect customers to wait before jumping ship to a different brand? I'd wager a good portion of the people on this thread have already given up and resold their Lumia's.

Get with it Nokia. Its 2012. The world moves fast and if you don't move with it be prepared to get left behind.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gwydion

It's holding up my purchase too.  Still waiting for Nokia to fix this before I lay down my hard earned cash.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MrCode2k

This is kind of lame. I can't believe Nokia took away the app, is not unlocking phones or months after releasing the phone this issue has not been addressed. Insane!

My contract with Verizon is up and I will like to get this phone and go PrePaid but Nokia's attitude towards it’s consumers that paid full price it’s very troubling. It’s really making me reconsider if Iwant to have a relationship with this kind of firm. I should probably go with a different option.

I hope this issue gets addressed promptly for you guys!!

It's such a terrible public relations fiasco.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I would like to again thank you all for your patience.

I can now let you know that a new version of the Network Setup app will be reviewed this week to go live and it should be published worldwide later this week (wk24). Please be aware that propagation through Marketplace may take an additional 3-5 days after the app is published.

I will let you know when I have confirmation the app has actually been published to Marketplace.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Kosh 

NOTE: Unfortunately release of the app has been delayed. When more information becomes available I will share this with you in this thread.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
krapulant

That is good news for everyone owning a Lumia device in NA !
Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

YES Thank You it's VERY GOOD NEWS!!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jamrock60

Little to late I had to subscribe to a new plan with at&t for them to release my MMS pictures. Text work great but could not get any pictures because i had a no smart phone plan. So I had to pay extra get the smart phone plan and now I have my pictures. what a shame.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gwydion

Awesome news!

When exactly does Week 24 start?

P.S. Any idea when Rogers is going to receive the Cyan 900?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

Can kosh or anyone post the direct link to the new network setup? Sometimes you can download an unpublished app before it shows up in marketplace search results.

I needed this app yesterday so the sooner the better. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

The 24th week of 2012 would be June 11, 2012 to June 17, 2012. Though the fact that they stated it's coming out, could be Week 25 or 26 but at least it's coming. I'm in a hurry for it as well but happy it's coming so...Patience...

Probably best to ask Rogers when they wlil release the Cyan model...

This was the original link to the Network Setup App. If it's the same, you'll see the name get changed back to Network Setup and it will be downloadable...Of course it may have a different ID in the marketplace all together...

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=b95840dc-a542-42a6-bee4-7d1a12f62d2c

Please use plain text.
Contributor
y2kunals

Thanks Kosh. I've tried both the link and the QR code. Takes me to the 'Persiapan Jaringan' app - it say's below the name and picture of the app "This app is not available for your device"

I'm assuming this is because it hasn't cleared yet? Not sure when to expect being able to use this...
Nokia Lumia 900
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Persiapan Jaringan is Indonesian for Network Setup. As indicated it is not guaranteed the app will have the same link. I have removed the QR code for now. When I am able to verify the correct link I will post it again. As of right now the app is not yet available.

Kosh

Please use plain text.