Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 900 MMS Settings (Where is Network Pofile Ap...

Advisor
mooreshelby

Re: Lumia 900 MMS Settings (Where is Network Pofile App)

Thank you Kosh,

I am excited to get the app so I may finally have MMS. :-)

-Shelby

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BadPuppet

Week 24 is over and still no Network Setup app.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

If I understood Kosh correctly, the app had been submitted and is pending Microsoft review before being published. If that's the case then it's out of Nokia's hands. Have to wait for MS to review it and from what I understand, they have been overwhelmed with app submissions.

Hopefully it will be be available soon.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Forceflow

What's really strange is that the Network Setup App is available in the German App Store for the Lumia 900. It's fully functional and let's me add an apn with following seetings:

Internet APN
Acces point name
Proxy address
Proxy Port
Username
Password
MMS APN
MMS access point name
Proxy
Proxy port
Username
Password
MMSC address

And judging from the reviews it has been out for quite a while. Now why in the world can't you guys use that one? (It is listed under the Nokia collection in my app store)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
moc426

We can't download that in the US/Canada region. It is blocked in our regions.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

App should be here any day now I hope. Really needed this last week 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Forceflow

moc426 wrote:

I fully understand this, question is WHY? Why in the world would Nokia have a fully functional app that does exactly what the users want but does not allow it in the US/Canada stores? Moreover why does it take them so long to put it into the store once they decided to have it after all? It's not like they need to program anything and being a partner with Microsoft one would think they can approve Apps for their own store without any delays.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
moc426

This is what made this whole situation frustrating. The app existed, we never got a clear answer why it wasn't available, but the feeling is it was an AT&T condition set forth. All the dodging aside, the fact we are getting it back is good now. I haven't been able to send or recieve an mms since I got this device when it was released.

Forceflow wrote:

moc426 wrote:

I fully understand this, question is WHY? Why in the world would Nokia have a fully functional app that does exactly what the users want but does not allow it in the US/Canada stores? Moreover why does it take them so long to put it into the store once they decided to have it after all? It's not like they need to program anything and being a partner with Microsoft one would think they can approve Apps for their own store without any delays.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
krapulant

One of the reasons this is like this, is the exclusivity deals... In North-America (at-least US/Canada) cell-phones business is **bleep**-backwards...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
plumsmcgilicuty

Friday of week 25(I think)......where is it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokias-camera-extras-play-now-available-lumia-windows-phones

Nokia Camera Extras and Play To apps are now in the marketplace (published date june 20, 2012).

How come network setup is not in marketplace yet if it was published June 14?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

Luminato wrote:
http://www.wpcentral.com/nokias-camera-extras-play-now-available-lumia-windows-phones

Nokia Camera Extras and Play To apps are now in the marketplace (published date june 20, 2012).

How come network setup is not in marketplace yet if it was published June 14?

I guess they meant internal review, I agree, if it was released to the marketplace, should be online by now. Especially considering the point you bring up

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mooreshelby

The entire thing is odd, the post for the apps say you need the update that is not available. So why release the apps before the update?

I am starting to think the Network App is actually in the update. Guess we will see.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

mooreshelby wrote:
The entire thing is odd, the post for the apps say you need the update that is not available. So why release the apps before the update?

I am starting to think the Network App is actually in the update. Guess we will see.

That post is not about the network setup app which does not require the new firmware updates.

Also, I have the new firmware update and tango OS update and it does not include network setup.

Internet sharing and MMS do not work on my device because of the lack of network setup. Still waiting.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BadPuppet

Is there any update on the Network setup app?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nurb

I contacted Nokia about this, this morning and they told me it still was under review and that they had not decided if it would become available as another firmware update (NOT tango) would fix the problem. I wish we could get a clear answer :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Nurb,

Please send me the reference numbers for your contact with Nokia on this in a personal mail so I can look into this.

Thanks,

Kosh 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

This tweet from Nokia about 5 hours ago still seems to indicate it will be released soon....

Nokia Care‏@NokiaHelps @jcassels The updated Network Setup app should be available globally shortly. ^PH

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BadPuppet

Kosh, Is there any update on when we can download the Network Setup App?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Luminato

Almost 2 weeks now since Kosh's annoucement. Is there any update with what occured? Was a defect discovered in testing? is there a new ETA? Are some BS politics from the carriers holding up the app, let us know please.

Please use plain text.