Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 900 Post-Update Bugs

Advisor
MyBadxUDead

Lumia 900 Post-Update Bugs

These are some bugs that still persist even after the recent update to the Lumia 900.

1.  Sometimes when the camera app is launched using the button, there are no picture to the left even though there are photos in the camera roll.

2. Both cameras are still having white balance issuer before the picture is actually taken.

Below are some other bugs I found prior to the update that I have not checked to see if they still occur.

1. When using a Bluetooth headset and playing a game or music, occasionally while switching apps the sound would be rerouted to the phones speakers for about a second then back to the headset.

2.  The camera took terrible picture in low light conditions, such as a concert where my as my 5mp Samsung Focus camera did very well.

3.  Sometimes after the phone has been locked for a long period, when unlocked the phone displays vertical lines very quickly on the screen before the lock screen appears.

I hope the these bugs will be fixed soon!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

Also, the camera still has problems launching while the phone is locked, although not as often as before the update.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Shoey5

MyBadxUDead wrote:

1. When using a Bluetooth headset and playing a game or music, occasionally while switching apps the sound would be rerouted to the phones speakers for about a second then back to the headset.

I hope the these bugs will be fixed soon!

I haven't experienced the bluetooth issue, could be specific to your/other headsets. I find not all bluetooth headsets are the same. Just a tip, if you want to help Nokia find/fix bugs quicker, usually helps when you provide more information. Something like this....

Nokia Lumia 900 (Rogers Version)
Bluetooth: Plantronics Voyager Pro
OS/Firmware Version.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

Ah, good idea, thanks!

Lumia 900 AT&T
Xbox Bluetooth Headset

I haven't noticed it since the update, but I haven't done much with the headset si I can't be sure it is still there.

Another bug, when in landscape and changing tabs in IE, sometime the address bar will disappear from the bottom of the screen until I exit the app and start it again.
Please use plain text.
riffraffy

When my screen brightness is on low (either forced or auto), the keyboard and some other things are no longer gray--but light purple. On auto, this is really distracting when the phone adjusts its own brightness, the colors change back and forth....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhoff80

"3.  Sometimes after the phone has been locked for a long period, when unlocked the phone displays vertical lines very quickly on the screen before the lock screen appears."

"Also, the camera still has problems launching while the phone is locked, although not as often as before the update."

I have both of these issues as well, though my camera button doesn't work with the screen off about 75% of the time.  Similarly, when audio is playing, the volume buttons don't work to control the volume while the screen is off.  And the headset button doesn't work to control the music while the screen is off either.  All of these work perfectly with the screen on.

In addition, there's an issue with Wifi, because my phone will frequently lose all bandwidth and not be able to load anything.  The speed will increase again after cycling Wifi on and off, but that's not a real solution.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

I just checked, and my volume controls don't function with the screen off either. I don't seem to be having the wifi issue though.

My volume doesn't go very low, it is still very loud even when on one.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

I am not having this problem, but hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ReeceSource

Am I the only one thats phone isn't updating after I connect it to the computer?

Please use plain text.
earle36

I'm experiencing issues pre/post update as well.  My previous phone was a Samsung Focus and I had 0 issues with it for over a year.

1.  Battery life is bad. I have the same setup as I did on my Samsung Focus - BT on, Wifi off, 2 push email accounts, and two apps with background tasks, and without even unlocking the phone the battery life drops ~5-10% an hour. Even on my BlackBerry for work I let it run 2 days untouched while I was out of town and the battery barely moved.
  2.  Bing search randomly pops up - and when it does - it locks my phone entirely for several seconds.  The screen is completely unresponsive and none of the capacitive buttons on the bottom respond - it just locks up.  I've tried Rebooting the phone / resetting it, but it still happens randomly.

I do appreciate the Nokia was quick to respond to and fix the Data issue, but these issues are a big deal to me.  If I can't resolve them I'm returning the phone.  I've never had a phone with so many issues.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sparkedfire

"Sometimes when the camera app is launched using the button, there are no picture to the left even though there are photos in the camera roll."

I think this is a feature.  If someone get a hold of your phone, the intent is that they can't see your previous pictures you took.  Effective if you use a password.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

It is a feature when the phone is locks with a pin code. However, my phone doesn't have a pin code, but if it did, it should show the lock icon in the corner
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MyBadxUDead

BLUETOOTH UPDATE This problems does still exist after the update. Also, while listening to music through the headset, if you get an incoming call, both the ringtone and the previously playing music play through the phone speakers simultaneously.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
snocom79

Im only experiencing the WIFI issue.  I was actually never experiencing any of the other issues reported, before or after the update.  All in all, its a great feeling phone and a great addition to the WP7 family.

Once Nokia cleans up the bugs (and what first gen phone doesnt have bugs?) this will be the ulitmate phone (for me).

Sincerely,

iOS junkie

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wizll

MyBadxUDead wrote:
Also, the camera still has problems launching while the phone is locked, although not as often as before the update.
I've had this problem. It's going on right now actually. I can't load camera while the lumia 900 is asleep. Only way to get it running is waking it up then camera button from lock screen, which defeats the whole purpose of the windows phone feature. I figure I can restart, but seriously, I shouldn't need to do that. I only only restarted my htc windows phone once for a year,and I've had to do it a handful of times with the lumia 900. Maybe this is a result of Microsoft giving nokia more freedom to mess with stuff while other OEMs can't screw things uP since they are locked down.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with the Lumia 900, it is appreciated and being passed on. I will make sure to keep you informed here on any news that I can share with you on these.

Thanks for your support and patience!

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sidran32

I have this (it's bugging me right now, actually). What actually happens though is the volume buttons do operate, but not very well. For example, I tried pressing volume down 10 times, but when I unlocked it, it only went down by 3.

Also, I find that the music through my headphones is very quiet unless I put it up to a high volume. My LG Quantum let me listen to music at a volume setting of 5, but I have to put it up to 15 on the Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
phubai

It is strange re: the Bing app popping up. I've experienced the same thing after the software upgrade, but I also get the speech recognizer app occasionally. It's very frustrating and most often happens when I'm trying to login to a website or enter a userid and password. Either Bing or the Voice recognition app will pop up, and send my business to the background. I'm not the best thumb typer anyway, and it's frustrating to get nearly to the end and be kicked out into Bing or the voice recog app. It only seems to happen to me when I'm typing something with the device.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
markewilliams

Did anyone ever respond with a resolution to the Bing Search or Voice Search issue? My phone does this constantly, to the point where I cannot use the phone more than a full minute. It is a terrible user experience and ruins what is otherwise a great device.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lastshot7

[ Edited ]

I've just received my 3RD lumia 900 and to no surprise, the same bug occurs! The back, home and Bing buttons are randomly activated during games or watching video. Then it takes about 10 seconds to exit out of whatever search or speak to search mode it's frozen in. I'm done explaining it to AT&T and "Nokia Tec expert". I don't understand why more reports of this bug are not out there after 3 phones, 2 updates and 100 master resets! BACK TO IPHONE!

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.