Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 900 Text message privacy concern and passwor...

annikka

Lumia 900 Text message privacy concern and password locking

[ Edited ]

When a new text message is received, even with a locked screen with password required, the text message and contents of message are displayed on the screen. I've contacted customer service and been told there is no way to fix this. Not sure if this happens with other updates as well. It's a privacy concern as phones may be left on tables at work, ect. I'd like to know if there might be a solution to this.

Also, if there is any way to password lock certain applications. I found this feature useful on other phones to protect privacy and things getting deleted when other people use my phone to play games or whatnot.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Fremen

Re: Lumia 900 Text message privacy concern and password locking

I have the same question. I recently got a Lumia 900 and I was showing my phone to someone when some text messages popped up on the top bar. Its kind of stupid to do that..there's no configuration option to stop doing this...it even does it if the phone screen is off and its locked.
Please use plain text.