Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.
I work at sea and there´s often weak signal and roaming operators are changing as we move. Despite that I have automatic search on I still often need to pick up the network manually. Many times we´ve been close to the shore and the signal has been strong by then so the problem doesn´t appear only when the coverage is poor. All the other phones onboard can find the network without any problems. Rebooting my phone doesn´t help but I have to choose the network from the menu. Does anyone have same kind of problems?
Once after charging the phone whole night it switched off in the morning. The phone woke up only after I put it to the charger again. The display showed full battery, so it had charged during the night. This has happened only once so I don´t know if there´s something to be worried about or not.
Then some other comments, although many of those has been discussed already earlier:
- calendar, monthly view is way too small. Syncing with computer shouldn´t require logging in and internet connection. It should be possible to manage calendar tasks when the computer is offline and then sync with the phone by Bluetooth, USB-cable etc.
- display, the brightness isn´t enough on sunny days.
- there should be call time, SMS/MMS and data counters
- Isn´t it possible to save SMS drafts?
- Isn´t it possible to switch off the alphabetic titles on application menu? I mean it´s enough that all the apps are on alphabetic order but I don´t need the letter grouping, it´s just taking too much space. (e.g. N: Nokia Drive, W: Weatherproof etc.)
- Zune is not user friendly. The old Nokia Suite worked better, especially it was easy to find how to make and restore back ups. Now I have to back up contacts separately, is that correct?