Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 900 getting hot/battery drain

Counsellor

Lumia 900 getting hot/battery drain

Hey all,

I got a new Lumia 900 recently and have noticed that the battery hardly lasts half a day.

I have emails configured as push, whatsapp running and the weather flow app. I have turned off all other background tasks.

1. Does the people hub sync in the background? The feeds update only when I open the app, so I am not sure.
2. Does the me hub sync in the background?
3. Will removing their tiles from the start screen, will they stop syncing? Or do I have to unlink my Facebook, twitter and linked accounts completely?
4. If I turn in background tasks for a program like flickr/imdb, will they sync even if they dont have live tiles on the home screen? What do they sync? I have always seen them start from scratch when I open he apps.

Please use plain text.
seanimo

Re: Lumia 900 getting hot/battery drain

I am having battery issues as well. I have all email push to manual and all other battery drainers turned off. phone lasts half a day at best. Could this be something in an update that has been recently installed? my phone has os version 7.10.8112.7.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Lumia 900 that I was loaned set up exactly the same as 800 lasted only half the time, although didn't have it long enough to see whether battery improved after a number of charge/discharge cycles which is sometimes the case.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

These are the background tasks that are actually running

Weather Flow

I have other background tasks listed in Settings-->Applications-->Background Tasks, but they are not pinned on my start screen and have push disabled from within the applications. Will this result in any battery drain?

These are the active tiles on my homescreen

Me

Messaging

Email (2 emails, both push)

Whatsapp

Weather Flow

Pictures

People

From what I see, Notifications in 'me' are pushed. People/pictures updated their feeds on demand, when needed.

My battery lasts around 14 hours.

Please use plain text.
crasymumma

check settings and find phone in the settings. Whatever you do mot need switch it off. I found leaving location services on hit the battery.

When setting up new apps most will say at the beginning do you want to enable live tile. If yes then you are enabling push.
Please use plain text.
RussianJew

I used Nokia for many years in Europe and loved it.

When Lumia 900 came out I thought "I'm going home".

But I have the same issue for a while since I bought Lumia 900 beginning of May. Especially disturbing the phone getting really hot from time to time, it happened few times since I got it. And the power drain is horrible - but also not always. Can't figure out those coming-going issues. Anybody knows where to read about it?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sawdust88

have the new lumia 925 and even after a couple of mins using it it gets unbareable to touch and it didn't help the mid frame is aluminium um worried its going to fry out or blow up even when i use the wireless charging plate and shell you could cook an egg on my phone

Please use plain text.